Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much do YOU love Tusa?

Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Fishhead View Post
    OK, I'll come clean... While my dog IS named Tusa, I really posted this thread in hopes that some Tusa mucky-muck would come by and offer me swag. A hat, a bumper sticker, etc. I guess I'm a bit jealous of my dad's "Team Sherwood" bumper sticker, which he received with his kit.

PM me your address, and I'll send you a Tusa sticker.

I have a Tusa Liberator mask. I'm thinking of buying a couple of extra just in case they discontinue the line.

My X-Pert Zoom fins blew my mind when I tried them in the water. Great fins. Scuba Diving magazine's ScubaLab doesn't even list them anymore, when they do performance tests. They're like The Beatles of fins.

The regs and BCs, eh. They're OK, but I would rather have Zeagle or Sherwood. (Or Atomic if I could afford it).
    Last edited by Largo; 05-09-2008 at 19:22. Reason: SP

Quote Originally Posted by navyhmc View Post
    OK, I'll come clean... While my dog IS named Tusa, I really posted this thread in hopes that some Tusa mucky-muck would come by and offer me swag. A hat, a bumper sticker, etc. I guess I'm a bit jealous of my dad's "Team Sherwood" bumper sticker, which he received with his kit.
    Mr. Darth...

It has come to the attention of Tabata USA inc. that you have named a canine domestic animal companion "Tusa". It is my duty to inform you that "TUSA", Tusa, tusa" are certified trademark and as such Tusa, Inc enjoys the copyright of TUSA, Tusa and tusa respectively.

Please remit $159,234.6 for the unauthorzed use of the Tusa name and this will allow you licensure for your canine domestic animal companion and the name "Tusa"for that animal as well as additional domestic companion animals if the previoulsly named "Tusa" canine domestic companion animal has expired prior to the naming of the to be named "Tusa" successor.

As several members of the board of directors for Tabata Usa, inc. have serious allergies to feline specific domestic companion animals, this licensure does not carry forward to naming of feline domestic companion animals as "Tusa"

Thank you.
    Dewey, Cheatum and Howe.

very funny. especially the second paragraph and Dewey, Cheatum and Howe.

Shark
    lets see,

Me:
    Tusa Xpert Zooms
    Tusa M23 ViewTrek Mask
    Tusa Hyperdry 2 Snorkel (rarely used)
    Tusa RS460/SS10 reg/octo
    Tusa Gloves
    Tusa Xpert BCJ-6900 BackInflate BC
    Tusa Calf Knife (rarely used)

Wife:
    Tusa Xpert Zooms
    Tusa RS460/SS10 reg/octo
    Tusa Gloves
    Tusa Reef Tourer Conquest BC

Price vs. Performance, I find their stuff hard to beat... I prefer their weight integration over the Zeagle, which would be my next choice in BC's (and I was even able to add a crotch strap, even though it doesn't really have provisions for one) - As far as regulators, I partially chose them, as they are the same as Scubapros MK16/R390, so, anyone that can service one, can service the other, hopefully increasing my chances of finding parts/service worldwide. I also chose them because they got excellent test results in Scubalabs reg testing, and I got a great deal on them. As far as the fins, they are mostly neutral in comparison to the bio-fins, which would be my next choice if buoyancy wasn't an issue. Mask - well, it fits (and great field of view), snorkel - well, it works, gloves, well, they were cheap and work, and the knife was given to me...

Anyways, I like their stuff pretty much across the board...
    -cody / on vacation from vacation...
    PADI MSDT Instructor, US Coast Guard Captain - Master Near Coastal

THE Supreme Master Spammer Founding Member
    Mitsu.
    1st rule of any extreme activity. Never, ever use all of one manufacturer's product unless they sponsor (pay) you.
    Tim "The Star and Crescent shall not be worn by every man, but only by him who is worthy to wear it. He must be a gentleman... a man of honor and courage... a man of zeal, yet humble... an intelligent man...a man of truth... one who tempers action with wisdom and, above all else, one who walks in the light of God."

Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Splitlip View Post
    Mitsu.
    1st rule of any extreme activity. Never, ever use all of one manufacturer's product unless they sponsor (pay) you.
    Its just easier to say "I have mostly Tusa stuff" vs "I have scubapro regs, tusa fins, mares mask, zeagle bc, blah blah blah, etc."

hehe, but I know what ya mean...

THE Supreme Master Spammer Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsuguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Splitlip View Post
    Mitsu.
    Its just easier to say "I have mostly Tusa stuff" vs "I have scubapro regs, tusa fins, mares mask, zeagle bc, blah blah blah, etc."

hehe, but I know what ya mean...
    My 16 year old daughter is a surfer. I suppose you can say I am one too if you free your mind and stretch the definition.

It is so funny, that these kids who want to wear the right clothes and ride the right board won't use or wear all one label unless someone else is footing the bill.
    Last edited by Splitlip; 05-09-2008 at 21:47.
    Tim "The Star and Crescent shall not be worn by every man, but only by him who is worthy to wear it. He must be a gentleman... a man of honor and courage... a man of zeal, yet humble... an intelligent man...a man of truth... one who tempers action with wisdom and, above all else, one who walks in the light of God."

Barracuda Founding Member

While I've got nothing against Tusa, they make good stuff, I can't for the life of me figure out why you'd name your dog that?

their split fins are popular and so are their masks, but most of the rest of their gear, while good, just doesn't seem to get the mainstream support that the other gear gets....

I guess going outside and yelling "Aqualung, comehere Aqualung? where are you?" or substitute Scubapro or Dive Rite, I guess is just a 'little off the wall'.

I mean Atomic maybe, just because it sound like you might have an Atomic dog. Especially for a high engery border collie or something...

just seems weird... too weird....

However, my Hamster is named 'Zeagle' in case Scott Zeagle wants to send me a free BC.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_s View Post

However, my Hamster is named 'Zeagle' in case Scott Zeagle wants to send me a free BC.
    See, now you are being greedy... Free gear should be given in direct proportion to the coolness of what prompted the free stuff. Hamsters, at a dime a dozen, are worth a snorkel at best. Now if you had a pet Cobra named Zeagle, I could see Scott considering it, because that would just be cool......

Seriously though, I would agree with many of the others in that I think Tusa makes great personal gear (mask, fins, snorkel) but aren't remarkable on their other gear (not to say that it is not quality, just not on the same plane as a Zeagle BCD). I do see myself sticking with them for the personal gear.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Barracuda Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguino View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_s View Post

See, now you are being greedy... Free gear should be given in direct proportion to the coolness of what prompted the free stuff. Hamsters, at a dime a dozen, are worth a snorkel at best. Now if you had a pet Cobra named Zeagle, I could see Scott considering it, because that would just be cool......

Well it worked when I named my other hamster 'Porsche'. Look what they sent him. Lucky little bastard.... He took off and I haven't seen him since.

But I named my dog Neptune and they sent him this cool diving rig. I've got him signed up for Advanced Nitrox and Trimix this summer....

Seriously though, I would agree with many of the others in that I think Tusa makes great personal gear (mask, fins, snorkel) but aren't remarkable on their other gear (not to say that it is not quality, just not on the same plane as a Zeagle BCD). I do see myself sticking with them for the personal gear.
    You're right. they just don't jump at me for some of their other gear. I've had one of the regs before and it was ok, but doesn't compare to the reg I've got now. I've got a set of Tusa Split fins. They are nice, but I don't think they are worth $150 bucks either.
    Last edited by mike_s; 05-09-2008 at 23:42.

Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguino View Post
    well, I don't know about that... when I bought my Tusa BC, I compared it side by side to a couple different Zeagle BC's, and opted for the Tusa... similar prices, so that wasn't a factor - the Tusa BC is every bit as well made as the Zeagle, to me, the weight pouches make a whole lot more sense, and really, everything else felt similar to me... Now, I don't like any of the other Tusa BC's other than the style I got myself, so, the rest definitely leave something to be desired, but the BCJ6900 that I have is perfect for me in every way...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information