Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Your first Time

Quote Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
    Where ya doen it at
    Oronogo, Mo.

Grouper
    Images
    Kind of out of necessity. Over 20-years ago had a mooring inspection scheduled for a client in Rockport MA. and my partner was in bed with a 103 degree fever. Just did what had to be done and what I'd done a hundred times before, just solo.

Guppy
    My first solo dive, and every other solo dive since, was planned as such before leaving for the dive site. I approached the dive plan and executed that plan with me being solo - gear requirements, dive limits, etc. Just the way I like to do things when I am diving solo. Just my two cents...Cheers!

TadPole
    My first solo dive was also my first night dive. laguna beach about 8 years ago, it was my eighteenth logged dive. I wanted some lobster. vis was 8 feet and I stayed down for 40 minute. More than Half my dives are solo. love it, clears the mind.

Guppy
    [quote=BouzoukiJoe A.K.A. wrecker130 AKA Chuck Norris AKA joeforbroke (banned);175300]When I go on charters here, on the cattle boats at least, there is usually a question 'Does everyone have a buddy'. If you don't speak up, they would never even know you were solo. There's no guide and each team makes its own dive plan (hopefully) within the limits the boat has set. So if you were so inclined you could dive solo without it ever being known. quote]

Just a quick newb question, would you not run the risk of getting left behind if you were to do this, do they count divers as they go into the water or count buddies or teams.

TadPole
    Just a quick newb question, would you not run the risk of getting left behind if you were to do this, do they count divers as they go into the water or count buddies or teams.[/QUOTE]

The Dive Boats I have been on have a roll call. They mark off each person as they enter the water and check them in as they come back on the boat. each person must be present and accounted for before the boat moves to a different spot. I have been the last one in the water numerous times doing solo dive and have not been left yet. The DM usually does not say anything when I get back on board, unless I am considerably late.

Grand Master Spammer
    Digging up the archives are we?
    (check the dates of the threads)
    Diving is safe.....People are dangerous!

TadPole
    Quote Originally Posted by texdiveguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotttyd View Post
    How did y'all end up diving solo for the first time?
    I did my first solo diving on my 13th. o/w dip after completing the basic o/w course.....seemed a nature thing to me....have enjoyed hundreds since then!
    Pretty much the same for me although I am not up to hundreds yet
    Kevin G

TadPole
    I don't get the "wave off" thing. Only "wave off" I've ever heard of is naval aviators landing on a carrier. How does that relate to diving?

On topic, I've dived solo numerous times at 50' or less. It's not even close to a death-wish to do a free ascent at those depths, assuming decent training. If no "buddy" is readily available, I don't think twice about gearing up and jumping in alone if I'm going to be at or above that kind of depth.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information