Thread: Zena Question for Scott

Shark Founding Member

Question Zena Question for Scott

Hey Scott,

On Zeagle's website, it lists 3 different measurement components to fit a Zena (vest, front panel, shoulder). On my Zena, it seems like there are only 2 components, the vest and shoulder (based on how to take it apart).

For instance, if the body straps are as tight as they go and you need to move down to the next smaller size, what piece would you replace?

Grouper Founding Member
    The front panel is also removable, you just have to unthread the straps on the sides.

If the front panel fits your bust, then the vest section is probably too big.

Shark Founding Member
    So the vest section is the part that holds the wing? Hmm, since that's the part that has the pockets, it can't be cheap...guess I'll wait until I lose more weight and I can't cinch the straps down tighter before I order a smaller one.

Thanks Scott!!

TadPole
    Zenagirl...I don't know where you bought your Zena from. I bought mine from ST and after about 4 dives with it, I found that the medium front panel was still too big for me. I called ST and told them my issue, they had me return the whole BC and they switched out my front panels for a Small for no charge!

Shark Founding Member
    Thanks Jodi, I got mine from ST as well, but it was nearly 3 years ago. At this point I don't need to swap anything out, but since I've been working out and trying to lose weight, it got me thinking as to what I may need to do before my next dive trip.

TadPole
    I noticed on ST site that there is a lumbar pad that you can use with the Zena. It says it will help if you've lost some weight. I've lost quite a bit of weight since purchasing my Zena and was thinking about trying it.

Shark Founding Member
    Ooh, that's a really good idea KarateGirl, thanks! Gotta lose the weight first, and I'm frankly not positive I'll lose enough inches to need a smaller size, but I wouldn't be surprised if I were in between, in which case the lumbar pad would be the perfect solution.

Guppy
    Images
    The lumbar pad is WONDERFUL!!! I've had it for about a year. If you have more than two inches of excess length on your straps, I would go ahead and order it now, even before you lose the weight. It is worth the extra comfort.

Grouper Founding Member
    I have the back pad on my Brigade, and it was a wonderful addition. It does take up about half a size. Without it I could cinche up the waist strap all of the way, and it was still just a little loose. Now it's a perfect fit...Comfy on the back too!!
    Scubatoys - My LDS From 1,075 mi Away!!
    ZEAGLE Brigade/ZEAGLE Envoy Deluxe/ZEAGLE Octo-Z....Anybody seein' a pattern here???

Thread Information