Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weight Loss Pills?

Grouper

Weight Loss Pills?

I was wondering if anyone has ever purchased anything from somewhere like GNC to help you lose weight. No matter how much I seem to diet or excersice, I can never seem to be able to lose my tummy. Any suggestions on what to do or is there any SAFE weight lose pills that I can take to help out?

Grouper
    I tried hydroxycut and found I was allergic to it for some reason. I am not allergic to any foods or medications but this stuff has something in it that gave me an allergic reaction. I have heard of others having the same reaction.

OnStar

Grouper
    I work in the medical field, 99% of those product are not worth the bottle they come it, mostly just loaded with caffeine, even the best FDA approved weight loss medication generally only add 10-15 lbs of your total weight loss, and most people gain that back. The only true way to loose weight is to burn more calories than you eat. Some people can greatly benefit from a trainer, they soon realize they were no excercizing correctly (I cannot spell). Over the counter Alli can help, but mostly by punishing you (read the label) for eating fatty food!!

Guppy
    I was up to 195 lbs at one time. I tried some prescription weight loss pills and went down to about 185. Like Diver-wife said... I gained it all back. I then cut out everything with processed sugar (and of course no alcohol). I went from 195 to 155 in about 4 months. Have stayed between 155 and 160 for over two years. I do miss lemon marangue pie though... and coconut cake, Boston Cream pie, Dainish pasteries, York Peppermint Patties, etc, etc, etc - DRg
    Last edited by Dive Rong; 06-01-2008 at 15:29. Reason: spelling

Grouper
    To give you an idea of my size I am 5'11" 225 lbs. I would lie to be at least 200, maybe even around 190. I just got engaged 3 weeks ago on a cruise in the bahamas and we have set the date for June 20,2009. This is my main motivation for loosing weight, just hoping I will be able to get there.

Grouper
    Don't waste your money on them. Look for better ways to burn fat more efficiently.
    -Matt

Barracuda Founding Member
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dive Rong View Post
    I was up to 195 lbs at one time. I tried some prescription weight loss pills and went down to about 185. Like Diver-wife said... I gained it all back. I then cut out everything with processed sugar (and of course no alcohol). I went from 195 to 155 in about 4 months. Have stayed between 155 and 160 for over two years. I do miss lemon marangue pie though... and coconut cake, Boston Cream pie, Dainish pasteries, York Peppermint Patties, etc, etc, etc - DRg

I'm right there with you... I dream of ice cream, and chips and salsa.

... and that's just for starters...

PPM
    John Lewis--the PlatypusMan!

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by easyrider003 View Post
    ... I just got engaged 3 weeks ago on a cruise in the bahamas and we have set the date for June 20,2009. This is my main motivation for loosing weight, just hoping I will be able to get there.
    Give it up! When you get married you will gain weight back in a heart beat.
    Air will make you fat! I ain't kidding.

TadPole

Wink I have lost 39 lbs with Medifast

It is not cheep but if you want to loose weight fairly fast try Medifast. I am on the diet and using the full program of weekly office visits and medical tests. It is working for me. I decided that I wanted to loose 80 plus pounds and had tried to do it on my own with no luck. I am happy with this program. The only problem is that I need another set of new clothing, my two sizes down pants arevfalling off, and my 3x wet suits will need to be replaced before I need a wet suit again. Also I don't think I will need 26 pounds of weight any more on my next dive. This program is not for a few pounds but if you want to really slim down I believe it should help you. It is really helping me. I'll let you know when I reach my goal of 80 plus pounds and how hard it is to maintain that weight. Right now I have no desire to stuff myself and really don't have a problem staying on the diet. The fact that you get one real meal a day ( with restrictions of course) has helped me stick to the diet. And you really do feel better when you have lost the weight.
    Chuck W

Barracuda
    Images
    Not worth the money. Tried that green tea with advanta or something that was patent and didn't lose weight or anything. Not worth it. Neither that allis that is FDA approve would work. It makes you go to the bathroom and alot of people gained it all back. Just exercise and diet I guess is the best option.
    Now a trimix diver!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information