Thread: Oceanic Instant Cash Allowance

Question Oceanic Instant Cash Allowance

Can anyone clarify what the Oceanic Instant Cash Allowance amount is on an Atom 2.0 when trading in an old computer? One authorized dealer lists $200 off, a couple others were unaware of the program, and one called Oceanic - and after talking to several people (who weren't real familiar with the deals?) came back with a 20% off deal. The info below is directly from the Oceanic website, but I don't see any link to the Upgrade Options Chart mentioned ..... we're considering buying 2 Atom 2.0's so this could make a huge difference in our decision.....

Trade in a single product or any combination regulator, octopus, BC, and instrument described in the blue headings below, and receive an Instant Cash Allowance on brand-new Oceanic products. Upgrades are Factory Authorized and qualify for all Oceanic warranty and service programs.
    May I select an Oceanic product, or send in a product, that is not on the Upgrade Options Chart?
    The options and pricing are carefully researched, and Oceanic will adhere to the product and pricing listed on the chart.

Grouper
    Images
    The trade in allowance is a dealer program and it supposed to be $150. If a lds discounts enough you can get more than $150 off an Atom 2.0 or VT3. The allowance only applies to full price.
    I PMed you regarding the upgrade program directly from Oceanic.
    Last edited by rawalker; 06-03-2008 at 01:39.
    Opinions are like gas... We're all entitled to some but people appreciate you keeping it to yourself if it stinks!

Grouper Founding Member
    unless the old computer is dead, would you not be better off to sell it and then try to find the best deal on the computer that you are looking to buy?

this would especially be true if the allowance is only available when the item is purchased at full price.

Quote Originally Posted by rawalker View Post
    The trade in allowance is a dealer program and it supposed to be $150. If a lds discounts enough you can get more than $150 off an Atom 2.0 or VT3. The allowance only applies to full price.
    I PMed you regarding the upgrade program directly from Oceanic.
    Not sure if we're talking apples to apples here - the Instant Cash Allowance is listed under Owner Services and apparently has a max amount of $474 if you trade in an entire kit (regulator, octopus, BC and computer console.)

Quote Originally Posted by harb99
    unless the old computer is dead, would you not be better off to sell it and then try to find the best deal on the computer that you are looking to buy?

this would especially be true if the allowance is only available when the item is purchased at full price.
    We have a couple of Mosquitos - old, but still working. I think if we'll do better trading them in, than trying to sell them. (Suunto is also doing a $200 trade-in program right now, so we're looking seriously at their options as well.)

So far, I'm hearing that it doesn't have to be on full retail, that there is an allowable amount that the LDS can discount and still apply the ICA.

I was hoping one of the Oceanic guys would pop up with some answers here ...

Well found some old posts on another board with a reply from one of the Oceanic reps - so it looks like a straight 20% off what your buying ...

The chart referred to on our web site is a carry-over from a previous upgrade program. I will see to it that it is removed.

To clarify the current Instant Cash Allowance program -

Trade in any life-support product (Regulator, Octo, BC, Gauge and/or Dive Computer) and receive 20% off a new product from the same category. Dealer participation is optional, and pricing may vary.

Grouper
    Images
    I've been thinking the same thing.
    I have dis... disleck... dyslec... I give up... I can't spell!

Grouper
    does anyone know if you can just trade-in an old 2nd stage without the 1st for a new Oceanic 1st and 2nd.

Just wondering as I have an older 2nd stage but want to keep the 1st stage

and is ST honoring the promotion as not all dealers have to?

Grand Poobah Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    The trade in program is not really much of a program... It's a so much off retail price type thing. When you look at it, by the time you take our pricing, discounts, etc, you are probably cheaper with keeping your stuff instead of shipping it to us.

It's not like oceanic is doing anything with the stuff... we toss it... It's just a way to get shops that don't cut any deals to try to force them to at least try to give a break to divers that might want oceanic gear.

TadPole
    Selling the old gear is a much better idea. I just sold a 7 year old reg/octo/computer set for just under $300!

Thread Information