Thread: Diving in Omaha, NE

Guppy

Diving in Omaha, NE

Can anyone recommend any diving close to Omaha? Any dive shops in Omaha that rent gear too?

I saw the quarry listed in the on the Iowa thread, but I need something that is little closer, or something that the in laws can come to and hand out in the area.

Any and all suggestions would be helpful!

Grouper
    For rental gear:
    UnderWater World and Midcoast Scuba.

The two qarries listed in Iowa (Atlantic & Malvern) are it.
    Failing to prepare. Is preparing to FAIL!!!
    K9

Grouper
    I'll give you a little more info. I am not driving down the interstate at 90 mph anymore.

Midcoast Scuba is located in the northwest park of town. I believe they are mainly a ScubaPro dealer. Their website is www.midcoastscuba.com . I really don't know where they do OW dives - not local.

UnderWater World is located just off the interstate about 1 mile. They are an Aqualung dealer. Their website is Underwater World Scuba Center Omaha, Nebraska. - We are Nebraska's largest scuba center for diving equipment and training. We have a knowledgeable staff who make you feel comfortable. Why not visit us today! 8445 W. Center Rd Canifield's Plaza. . They dive in Malvern, Iowa only 25 miles from Omaha, Ne.

We don't have much of anything in Nebraska other than Sandy Channel which is about 2.5 hours west of Omaha, Ne on I-80. Most of the locals use either Malvern or Atlantic, Iowa quarries.

I can get you into the Atlantic, Iowa quarry but Malvern, Ia is controlled by UnderWater World. Both are great shops to deal with.
    Failing to prepare. Is preparing to FAIL!!!
    K9

Guppy
    Thanks for the info. Will either let you dive solo in the quarry? What is the depth & visability?

Quote Originally Posted by K9Pig View Post
    I'll give you a little more info. I am not driving down the interstate at 90 mph anymore.

Midcoast Scuba is located in the northwest park of town. I believe they are mainly a ScubaPro dealer. Their website is www.midcoastscuba.com . I really don't know where they do OW dives - not local.

UnderWater World is located just off the interstate about 1 mile. They are an Aqualung dealer. Their website is Underwater World Scuba Center Omaha, Nebraska. - We are Nebraska's largest scuba center for diving equipment and training. We have a knowledgeable staff who make you feel comfortable. Why not visit us today! 8445 W. Center Rd Canifield's Plaza. . They dive in Malvern, Iowa only 25 miles from Omaha, Ne.

We don't have much of anything in Nebraska other than Sandy Channel which is about 2.5 hours west of Omaha, Ne on I-80. Most of the locals use either Malvern or Atlantic, Iowa quarries.

I can get you into the Atlantic, Iowa quarry but Malvern, Ia is controlled by UnderWater World. Both are great shops to deal with.

TadPole
    I took my class at underwater world, the staff is very nice and knowledgeable. They wont sell you anything you dont need!

Thread Information