Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scuba Scrapbooking

Grouper Founding Member

Scuba Scrapbooking

I thought briefly about posting this in a more general forum but then it occurred to me that it would be typically women answering anyway. (And even then there are many gentleman who lurk here too )

One of my big projects now that I am on summer vacation from teaching is to do some scrapbooking with the pictures from our Black Beard vacation and the diving that we have done here in Texas.

Have any of you out there scrapbooked your diving pictures? If so, put some pictures of your pages up on this thread! I would love to see everyone's great ideas and get inspired!

Thanks!
    Olivia
    Moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty.

Barracuda ST-Forum Mod dallasdivergirl's Avatar
    That's a cool idea. I haven't thought of doing that.

Most of my pics are all digital. Hmm, maybe I should print some of them.
    Sparky the ninjita
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

http://beautybelow.com/

Grouper
    I did a scrapbook from our trip to AUS a few years ago. There were quite a few underwater pages. I do not have a working scanner so I can not post them, but a diving theme would be fun to run with.

Shark
    my wife has just recently started working on a couple scrapbooks... one of where we've gone and where we want to go diving... not even close to finished, I'll see if I can steal it for a sneak preview...

just a fyi, scrapbooking is expensive to start out... all the different little things add up fast... she's spent a couple hundred bucks and evidently there's more to buy... but it's good, she needs a hobby
    -cody / on vacation from vacation...
    PADI MSDT Instructor, US Coast Guard Captain - Master Near Coastal

Grouper Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaJenn81 View Post
    I did a scrapbook from our trip to AUS a few years ago. There were quite a few underwater pages. I do not have a working scanner so I can not post them, but a diving theme would be fun to run with.
    Can you take a picture of the pages? It won't be as detailed a look as with a scanner but it will give us all a peek!
    Moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty.

TadPole
    i scrapbook our dive trips. but i'm a minimalist scrapper. vacation pics are usually very good, and don't need cropping, but i do crop the underwater ones usually. i just let the pics speak for themselves for the most part. i'll choose one or two on the page to mount onto colored paper for a matted effect. and i'll put some captions and explanations here and there. one thing i like to do that you may want to consider is this.....when on the trip, save little things, like a couple of coins if it's another country, your tickets to things, brochures that have pictures, a printed napkin or coaster, brochure from the hotel, etc. etc. and then for the last page in the book about that trip, do a collage from those little items, but put it on a piece of poster board a little smaller than the size of the scrapbook page to allow for a border, just attach everything collage style with the tape runner stuff, then go make a color copy of it, it turns out great. then mount the color copy onto the scrapbook page, then do a nice border around it. that way, you don't have those type items being all bulky in your scrapbook. and the color copies come out so great these days.....it will look good. i'm on my second scrapbook of our trips.

Grouper
    Wife scrapbook our cruise in Feb even my dive pics. What she does is look for templates from scrapbooking websites that she can insert pictures into using Photoshope and then you can all the depth and detail of a scrapbook page but you have the options of doing a custom page from the template. She got thems for $2-$3 a piece. Digital Freebies Digital Scrapbooking Supplies, Freebies and More
    Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time!!!
    Future Olympian for the country of Turdistan!!!

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    My website is my scrapbook.

Oops, women's forum, sorry!

Shark Founding Member
    Instead of doing a traditional scrapbook, I had a photo book put together using Shutterfly. I could do captions, do as many pictures per page as I wanted, and when I received the book, it turned out gorgeous. We were so impressed, I have a calendar made and will do the same for 2009 with our Bonaire pictures from this year.
    ScubaToys and Zeagle....it just doesn't get better than that!

Grouper
    I love to do scrapbooking even though I havent done any of my diving I am a new diver but I would love to do some soon.
    You haven't lived until you have scuba dived!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information