Thread: TUL 300 batteries

TUL 300 batteries

i just bought one, and was wondering about the cr123a batteries that it uses.

i'm thinking of getting rechargeables for it, and was wondering if there's any recommendations / warnings when using rechargeable cr123a's with the light.

thanks.

I am also interested in this light. Will rechargeable batteries provide the same performance?

Grouper
    I am not expert but from what I have read the rechargeable batteries are not as good for power.

If you look online you can find some places that sell these batteries much cheaper than the store.
    You gotta pay for the pleasure of my company

Fishballer, what is your initial thoughts on the tul300? I am picking one up next week and would be nice to hear what you think, good or bad.

Also when/if you get rechargeables could you please post up your thoughts on that as well.

*subscribed

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by SynCitizen View Post
    Fishballer, what is your initial thoughts on the tul300? I am picking one up next week and would be nice to hear what you think, good or bad.

Also when/if you get rechargeables could you please post up your thoughts on that as well.

*subscribed
    I have the light, I love it.
    For such a small light it really lights up a large area well and is quite bright for a small light also.

I only possible negative is the batteries are harder to find and are expensive like I said online you can get good deals, I also found some cheap at lowes a few days ago 3 batteries for 5.00, much better than the 15.00 price I think I saw at wallmart.
    You gotta pay for the pleasure of my company

TadPole
    Has anyone tried using this light as a focus assist light?

The thought of a wide beam in a small light and a reasonable cost raises my interest

jim morus

Quote Originally Posted by jimorus View Post
    Has anyone tried using this light as a focus assist light?

The thought of a wide beam in a small light and a reasonable cost raises my interest

jim morus
    Are you talking about using it for camera focusing?
    I was doing exactly that for a night dive. I would use it to light up my target, get the camera to focus, then fire off the shot.
    I thought it worked great. It is a fairly wide, even beam that does not have a harsh center spot.

I also picked up a set of rechargeables but cant report on them as of yet. Still working with the original batteries so far.

TadPole
    If you look online like e-bay you can get the batt a little cheaper. Surefire are good ones.

Thread Information