Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Galileo SOL deep stop

Grouper

Galileo SOL deep stop

Does anyone know how to set the Galileo SOL for a deep stop? I'm having a time trying to get the count down to activate at 40 ft. It automatically starts at 15 ft.

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    You need to have the firmware update to activate it. Info should be on ScubaPro's website, as I recall.

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by CompuDude View Post
    You need to have the firmware update to activate it. Info should be on ScubaPro's website, as I recall.
    I've got the latest firmware and still can't find it. Any advice?

Does the deep stop just do a one minute countdown at 40 feet and then another up shallower? Hows it work?
    Matthew P. Cummings
    Moberly MO

The way I'm reading the information on Uwatec's website, it's an option that can be turned on or off, presumably using the desktop software, but possibly using the computer itself? I don't have one, so I'm not sure of the details, just extrapolating from my own Uwatec computer.

The PDI stop is calculated as the depth where the leading tissue for the decompression calculation is off gassing. The computer advises the diver to make a 2 minute stop just above the depth displayed on the computer. Galileo then starts a 2 minute countdown.
    PDIS is an added safety feature which can be followed during both no-stop and decompression dives. With Galileo you have the choice to follow your PDIS recommendation or you can turn it off and dive using our core adaptive algorithm.
    From what I see, the computer will automatically recommend a 2 min stop (PDIS-Profile-Dependent Intermediate Stop), which you can follow or ignore at will, so perhaps it's been recommending the stops and you haven't noticed? I'll ask my friends who have Sol's what they've noticed about it...

Grouper
    [quote=CompuDude;196062]

The PDI stop is calculated as the depth where the leading tissue for the decompression calculation is off gassing. The computer advises the diver to make a 2 minute stop just above the depth displayed on the computer.
    What does that mean exactly? If the leading tissue starts to offgas at 50 feet then doing a stop at 49 feet is worthless as there will be essentially zero gradient driving offgassing.

Most profiles from V-planner have a first stop about 1ATM shallower than the offgassing depth. 1 ATM is not "just" shallower.

Grouper
    I'll give this a shot and let you know how it works. It will be a couple of weeks before I'm in a quarry deeper than 30 ft because of some upcoming training I've got scheduled.

Grouper
    That took care of it. Thanks CompuDude.

TadPole
    I found the firmware update a couple of weeks agon on the Scubapro site.
    Now that I have the time to download it, I can not find it. Does anybody know where they relocated it to on the site?
    Thanks, fotorandy

Quote Originally Posted by fotorandy View Post
    I found the firmware update a couple of weeks agon on the Scubapro site.
    Now that I have the time to download it, I can not find it. Does anybody know where they relocated it to on the site?
    Thanks, fotorandy
    Interesting, looks like they moved it. Might want to call or email them. Mine shipped with the PDIS version of the firmware already installed, are you sure yours doesn't already have it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information