Thread: Oil in the Ointment

Grouper
    Images

Oil in the Ointment

Ya know it is EXTREMELY rare for me to have anything but good to say about Scuba Toys. Their service is usually unsurpassed, their prices are always excellent and the staff is always super friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and to be trusted.
    However, Last week, Monday, July 14 to be exact, I called to place an order. I tried to order online but billy gates gave me fits so I picked up the phone. Not in any way Scuba Toys' fault, I am not a computer wiz and billy gates often has his way with me.
    Anyway, I placed an order, not a big order but big enough to get the free shipping and for stuff I plan to use on my upcoming trip to Bonaire.
    On Thursday,,, yeah, Thursday, I get a message on my voice mail that there is a problem with my order,, the fins I ordered are out of stock.
    When I got home and got the message, I promptly called. Re-ordered the stuff and got an email on Friday that it was shipped.
    The complaint I have is,,,,,,,,why take from Monday until Thursday to find out the fins I ordered are out of stock? I expected to receive the order on Wednesday and found it strange that I didnt.
    I feel like I just found out my girlfriend cheated on me. I am shocked, hurt, disappointed, dismayed. The company I have come to rely on for perfect service slipped up.
    Now I may just have to place another order to test the system. Surely, this was a one time foul up, right? A one time, ok, it can happen but rarely ever does, sort of thing, right?
    Tomorrow, when I get my box, I am putting on those fins with the new extra thick soled booties to make sure they fit. The fins were purchased as spares cause I always travel with a spare mask or two and a pair of spare fins. The booties were purchased because those rocks on the Bonaire dive sites are ragged, jagged, rough and hard to walk on with thinsole booties. I am gonna wear the booties so the fins gotta fit the new booties in case I have to use my spare fins.
    Ok, I am finished now. Did not mean to berate Scuba Toys but it is so incredibly unusual for anything but perfection from those guys that I think it should be noted that they are human too,,,,,sometimes.

Grouper
    :/ Seems sort of believable..
    I had an order created over email finished on the 16th and it was only shipped out today. Its possible that they may have just gotten overloaded with stuff.

Grouper
    Maybe the word is getting out and people are placing orders faster then they can put out. This is where telling a friend about a great store comes back to bite you.
    You thought about how you could, but you didn't think about if you should.

Guppy
    You know, the first time I ordered from them, an inflator hose arrived faulty - it was one of the gargantuan obnoxious ScubaPro jobs. Piece on the end was loose and the little detent balls were missing.

They are in Texas, I am on an island off Massachusetts, and I had a replacement hose by 1000 the next morning.

Tough to beat that nowadays.

Shark
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MConnelly2 View Post
    You know, the first time I ordered from them, an inflator hose arrived faulty - it was one of the gargantuan obnoxious ScubaPro jobs. Piece on the end was loose and the little detent balls were missing.

They are in Texas, I am on an island off Massachusetts, and I had a replacement hose by 1000 the next morning.

Tough to beat that nowadays.

Vinyard or Nantucket??

Thread Information