Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reg for husband

Guppy

Question Reg for husband

I would like to buy my husband a reg for his Christmas gift this year. I am looking for an easy breathing one. He doesn't do cold water diving. Mainly local quarrys, some FL springs and now that I'm certified we plan on some trips to Bonaire and some ocean dives in Panama City Beach area. A couple of ideas in each price range would be nice as I don't know how much overtime I can get to "hide" money from him for this gift. So something under 300,and something around 600 or so. Thanks in advance for the ideas!
    Sherry

Barracuda Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ixrayu View Post
    I would like to buy my husband a reg for his Christmas gift this year. I am looking for an easy breathing one. He doesn't do cold water diving. Mainly local quarrys, some FL springs and now that I'm certified we plan on some trips to Bonaire and some ocean dives in Panama City Beach area. A couple of ideas in each price range would be nice as I don't know how much overtime I can get to "hide" money from him for this gift. So something under 300,and something around 600 or so. Thanks in advance for the ideas!
    Why don't you just get him a gift certificate from some place, like maybe scubatoys, and let him make the final decision.

Guppy
    I would do the gift certificate but he would spend it on me or the kids. So if I buy it for him, he has it. Bless his heart, he has really wanted his own reg since he got certified. I got him his BC for his birthday this year.
    Sherry

Grouper Founding Member
    I like the idea of the gift cert so that he might pick. Everyone has their pick in regs. My fiance and I both like Mares...but I also think sometimes of getting a set of apek's for when I go to doubles. It all depends on what features you value. There are some great regs at a reasonable price out there. The ST staff could help you make a selection as well.

As for me though, my vote would be the Mares MR22 Abyss as it's what I dive and I've never had an issue with it.

Shane

Images
    Or buy him one and let him know that he can return it for a different one if he chooses. In the $600 range there are a ton of good regs. Aqualung Legend, Apex X50, Poseidon Odin, Zeagle Flathead, Oceanic Delta IV. In the $300 range I'd look at the Zeagle Envoy. Just my 2cents.
    Check out my photo site: SeaMonsterPhoto.com

Guppy
    Thanks for the ideas. When I buy it, he'll be able to return it for a different one if he wants to. In fact, my mind is about made up where I'll buy from - ST.
    Sherry

Well, why don't you just call Scubatoys and talk to them about it. They really seem to be most interested in making satisfied customers. With the help of a good shop, it will be hard to go wrong.

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    thesmoothdome has a good post, from ST's I'd buy either a Zeagle product or an Oceanic product. Buy the best you can afford.
    Matthew P. Cummings
    Moberly MO

Grouper Founding Member

Look No Further

Here you go
    http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detai...ID=EnvoyDeluxe

http://www.zeagle.com/index.php?src=...ory=Regulators

With your Gift Certificate and Forum discount this is a $300.00 reg with features like a $600.00 reg. Also according to Scuba Diving Magazine it breathes like a $600.00 reg.

My wife and I each have these and they are extremely good breathers. It scored perfect breathing machine scores in Scuba Diving Mag's tests and the testers all had good things to say about it. Of course Zeagle's reputation for customer service comes with it, along with free parts for annual maintenance for life. You will see Scott from Zeagle posting here in the Zeagle section, handling customer questions and concerns right here.
    I just don't see this much reg for the money anywhere else...Of course I'm biased I do own one..
    Scubatoys - My LDS From 1,075 mi Away!!
    ZEAGLE Brigade/ZEAGLE Envoy Deluxe/ZEAGLE Octo-Z....Anybody seein' a pattern here???

Shark Founding Member
    Images
    Since you are buying over the internet, I'd suggest either the Oceanic Alpha 8 DVT for $359, or the Zeagle Envoy Deluxe for $359.10. If you can go by their store, It would be interesting to look at the Atomic Z2 since they can't specify the cost except in person. I have an Atomic B2. It's my 2nd Atomic reg, and I think they are the best regs I've ever used.
    "Human beings are flawed individuals. The cosmic bakers took us out of the oven a little too early. And that's the reason we're as crazy as we are." - Desdemona

You don't know Desdemona? . . . "She runs this space station and bake shop down near Boomtown."
    - Jimmy Buffett

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information