Thread: Hello from 10,000 lakes

TadPole

Hello from 10,000 lakes

Hello from the land of 10,000 Lakes (althiough I've only dove in two...so far). Minnesota. Newly OW certified and eager for more. Became inersted thru a brother in law (wife's twin brother). Embarasingly, after OW I only did one dive and let one year lapse. I just took the referesher course thru the LDS. I have a dive planned ion the "Crosby Mines" in northen Mn late this month. I have enjoyed reading all the forums.

TadPole
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller9 View Post
    Hello from the land of 10,000 Lakes (althiough I've only dove in two...so far). Minnesota. Newly OW certified and eager for more. Became inersted thru a brother in law (wife's twin brother). Embarasingly, after OW I only did one dive and let one year lapse. I just took the referesher course thru the LDS. I have a dive planned ion the "Crosby Mines" in northen Mn late this month. I have enjoyed reading all the forums.
    Welcome to the board!

Diving in Crosby is a totally different experience. I've dived in Square Lake and Lake Calhoun in Mpls., and the vis in both was not great. Crosby's spring-fed, so the visibility's much better - and apparently it wasn't that great when I went up last week.

A lot more interesting structure as well. But cold... it was 42 below the thermocline, so bring a hood and gloves. :-)

TadPole
    Thanks for the tip on Crosby. I too dove Square lake. Did my OW there a two day period. Viz was about 8'. Good thing for Bright yellow tanks....

Guppy
    Hello...why is the viz only 8'?
    Inland temperatures today are expected to be in the upper 90s....cooler by the lake.

emalebiga
    definitely dive superior!! It is only a 3 hour drive and the best diving around. I go with a charter because diving in superior is completely different than diving in square.

Perch (north of hudson) is also a nice lake to dive in when there isn't an alge bloom.

The diving in the local lakes are going to be fairly bad viz unless you go to Wazee or the crosby mines. The local lakes will start clearing up in about a month or two.

If you ever want to dive send me a message

Thread Information