Thread: Anyone up for diving Tenkiller Aug 23rd?

Barracuda

Anyone up for diving Tenkiller Aug 23rd?

I will be in the area of Lake Tenkiller on Saturday August 23rd. Anyone free and want to meet and dive there that day. I will be travelling home from Ft Smith Arkansas on that day and would like to meet anyone willing to dive sometime late morning or early afternoon to make a couple dives. I'm up for diving the Scuab park, Crappie Pt or any where else around the lake that we can dive. Any takers?
    Dirty Water Dive Society. Oklahoma City's Newest Dive Club. http://www.Dirtywaterdive.com

Grouper
    Images
    I am up for it, I have been wanting to dive with you for sometime, we can compare notes on our dive clubs. What time will you be there? I can probably get a few more divers out of our club to dive there also.
    Tulsa Aquanauts
    www.tulsaaquanauts.com

Barracuda
    I can be there about any time. I will be leaving from FT Smith, Ar on that Saturday morning. It is only about an hour drive from there to Tenkiller. So name a timje for you and I can be there. I'd prefer early afternoon or morning, rather than late afternoon or evening though.
    Dirty Water Dive Society. Oklahoma City's Newest Dive Club. http://www.Dirtywaterdive.com

Grouper
    Images
    Morning works great for me. Do you need to get air fills or rent any gear? Gene's is the closest, and he is usually there by 9:30. If not we can give him a call and he will come right down.
    Tulsa Aquanauts
    www.tulsaaquanauts.com

Barracuda
    I'm good. Got all my gear and just got both my tanks filled yesterday. I can be there at any time. So 9:30 works great for me as well.

Grouper
    Images
    I'll meet you at the Scuba Park, just let me know if there are any changes, I'm flexible.
    Tulsa Aquanauts
    www.tulsaaquanauts.com

Barracuda
    Ok, I'll be there at the Scuba park at around 9:30 am.

Grouper
    Images
    Three of us made a dive today in the rain at the Scuba Park. Don't you just hate to get wet. It was extremely busy there today, I would say 30 to 40 students were there from OKC, McAlester, and Tulsa. You needed crossing and stop signs in the shallows. If you were not real close to your buddy it was real easy to follow the wrong diver. Over the wall we didn't run into any divers though. Vis down to 35 ft was only about 2 ft. maybe? after that it opened up to about 6 ft. and after 50 ft. the vis was 10 to 12 ft. but dark. Temps were nice, at the surface high 80's and at 105 ft. it was 73 degrees. I was still able to dive in a .5 mm suit with no hood or gloves. The more I dive the wall at the Scuba Park the more I like it. It is fast becoming one of my favorite places to dive in this area, and it is the closest. I wish more of you could have made it, we had a blast. Conditions for the Lake Cleanup in 3 weeks should be outstanding. We should be able to get in several good dives. Be sure and bring all your tanks.

It was also nice to get to dive with roadracer today, he hit a new personal depth record also. He is an excellent diver.
    Tulsa Aquanauts
    www.tulsaaquanauts.com

has anyone ever seen Sneaky Cavern yet, just south of Crappie Point??
    Chris, Mike, & Shawn
    http://www.lakediver.com

Thread Information