Thread: Bare Drysuit Warranty & Manual Information

TadPole

Bare Drysuit Warranty & Manual Information

Good Morning All.
    Last week I purchased a Bare XCD2 Pro dry suit. I have been researching Bare for quite sometime and finally decided to take the plunge. Through their website, I understand that they have a lifetime warranty on their suits.

The question I have is surrounding registration for the lifetime warranty. I did not receive any paper work or registration cards associated with the drysuit. Is there a method of registering your drysuit in the event you have to have repairs? It may be as simple as contacting them directly, but thus far I have not found any good answer.

Also, I was expecting to get an owners manual with my drysuit. I spoke to my LDS and they said there wasn't one in the bag. Should I expect an owners manual with this suit? If so, how would one go about getting one.

Thanks in advance!

Oh BTW, I am diving on Tuesday morning in my new Bare Drysuit! I can't wait!

Frankie
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by heelsfaninpa; 08-18-2008 at 00:36. Reason: trying to add a pic

Grouper
    Yeah. You should expect to get a manual with your drysuit. Things happen, though. I'm sure yours was misplaced. Frankly, I prefer an electronic version anyway.

Send Bare Customer Service an email:
    [email protected]

They should be able to send you a PDF of the manual. Also, customer service should be able to answer your question regarding registration. You should know that the valves (exhaust, inflation) usually come with their own manufacturer's warranty. My SiTech valves came with a 36 month warranty.

Hope this info helps. Enjoy the drysuit. :-)

TadPole
    Bubbletrubble, thanks for the link. I just sent them an email requesting the warranty info and a possible electronic copy of a users manual.

Thanks again.

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by heelsfaninpa View Post
    Bubbletrubble, thanks for the link. I just sent them an email requesting the warranty info and a possible electronic copy of a users manual.

Thanks again.
    You're welcome. I emailed them with a similar request for my Bare drysuit manual, and I got a reply within one business day. Their customer service is quite responsive.

If this is your first drysuit, have fun ironing out the kinks. :-) The learning curve isn't so bad, and the enhanced thermal protection makes it all worth it. Do a few dives with an experienced drysuit diver...or take a class. Have fun.

Thread Information