Thread: PT Miniwave LED Trouble

Guppy

Question PT Miniwave LED Trouble

I just got back from a weekend of diving and when I was cleaning my equipment I noticed the safety for the on/off switch had broken on my new PT Miniwave LED light. I have only had this light for about a month. I thought I was careful in packing as my lights were in a different bag and wrapped in thick sweatshirts for padding than any of my other gear. I was just wondering if anyone else had any issues with this breaking on there Miniwave LED's?????

Barracuda Founding Member
    Images
    No issue, but I do notice that the safety is sometimes a little difficult to engage if the switch is not exactly in the middle position. Also if you don't have the safety pulled out all of the way, it is easy to accidentally engage the switch. It is the one part of the light I am not thrilled with. Other than that, I enjoy the light, although the beam on this light is not as focussed as others I have seen.

Guppy
    I really like the light as well and have zero complaints with it other than this switch so far. I was just wondering if it was worth sending in for a replacement through ST. If it is a common problem that will just keep happening I won't even worry about it, but if it is just a defect with the one I have I will send in for replacement.

Barracuda Founding Member
    Mine snapped off after a few months, no big deal as far as I'm concerned.
    The water's more exciting.. with CHUM in it!

Grouper
    Look at your warranty, I think they lifetime warranty just about all their lights, I just posted a kudos to them for replacing one of mine, turnaround was within a week! Just send it trackable to them if it is covered, without the batteries.

Grouper
    Images
    Just contact PT by email and they will have you return it to them and send you a new light, no questions asked. They have very good customer service.
    Tulsa Aquanauts
    www.tulsaaquanauts.com

Guppy
    I will probably contact PT, but I'm going to wait untill after my vacation coming up at the end of the month. I don't want to take a chance of not having a light for the trip doing it before then. I also recev a response from Joe w/ ST who said if I sent it back to them, they would also replace it.

Guppy
    I haven't had that problem...I'll watch out for it ...thanks and good luck.
    Inland temperatures today are expected to be in the upper 90s....cooler by the lake.

Guppy
    On the 3rd dive with my Miniwave Led the interior switch plate had broken. It's in the mail to Princeton Tec warranty. From what everyone is saying their warranty is great.

My daughter found a Shockwave on a dive and after using it on several dives is still working fine.

Thread Information