Thread: Hyperstretch or just HYPE

TadPole

Hyperstretch or just HYPE

Is Henderson hyperstretch as good as they say. I'm hearing a lot of positive things about them. I'm looking to buy a full suit for Florida diving. I have a shorty for the warm months but need something when the water turns. The water temp in winter months if thats what you want to call them is between 65-75. What mm would be a good choice? Are they as easy to get on & off like I hear?

Or is there a better product out there?
    ~Craig~
    Dive to Live; Live to Dive

Barracuda Founding Member
    I Like my Hyperstretch. But! If I had tried on a ThermoPrene first, I would have never bought the Hyperstrech. THe Hyperstretch is easier to don/doff, however to me it isn't worth the extra cash. It may be to you... Crunch the numbers and ask yourself if the extra cash is worth it.
    Last edited by FishFood; 08-20-2008 at 21:18.

Grouper
    Suggest doing a search, as this has been discussed in a number of recent threads.

Barracuda Founding Member
    The hype is true they are very stretchy. Try one on for yourself. Suit thickness is really a personal thing. Sure there is a range but some people are better with cold then others. On of the guys I dive with would be fine wearing a short in 70 degree water while I likely be wear my 5/4.

I have both a shortie and a full 3 mil Hyperstretch. I like that they are fairly easy to get on & off, and I don't feel restricted at all. Got them before there was so much stretch on the market, so I haven't tried all the new stuff, but considering I'm hard to fit, these were great right off the rack.

Shark Founding Member
    Like Diver Kat, I got my Hyperstretch suits before there were many choices in the stretchy field. The only complaint I have about them is that they aren't as warm as other (even stretchy) suits, but you absolutely can't beat them for ease of donning and doffing, even when wet.

I'm also hard to fit, but have recently replaced my Hyperstretch suits with Pinnacle Elastiprene. I'm extremely impressed with Pinnacle's construction, fit, stretchiness, construction, quality, and attention to detail. Since they fit me like they were custom-made, I feel very lucky to have found what I consider a superior replacement to the Hyperstretch for me.
    ScubaToys and Zeagle....it just doesn't get better than that!

Guppy
    I can't speak to a full Hyperstretch wetsuit but I use a drysuit with wet gloves. After a season of cramping hands putting on/using the standard neo 7 mm wet gloves I switched to a pair of Hyperstretch gloves and *love* them! Warm and easy to put on. Now if I could just get my DUI neo seals replaced with Hyperstretch I've be one happy camper!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenagirl View Post
    I'm also hard to fit, but have recently replaced my Hyperstretch suits with Pinnacle Elastiprene. I'm extremely impressed with Pinnacle's construction, fit, stretchiness, construction, quality, and attention to detail. Since they fit me like they were custom-made, I feel very lucky to have found what I consider a superior replacement to the Hyperstretch for me.
    Hmmm ... interesting! I'll have to give these a look-see if I every wear out my Hyperstretch! Thanks!

The hyperstretch hoods and gloves are sweet.

FWIW I dive a 5mm hyperstretch with a standard hooded vest in that type of water.

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    They really are awesome, but whether they are worth the money when there are other options that are almost as awesome for a LOT less money, is up to you. Some people have hard-to-fit body types that really NEED the stretchy suits, even if they're not as warm. Others would fit a regular suit just fine, and save a lot of money and be warmer. So it depends on you.

So yes, there IS something to it, but how much that something is worth is a question only you can answer. I highly suggest trying various types on.

Thread Information