Thread: Kona Diving.

Grouper

Kona Diving.

Just got back from two weeks in Hawaii. Only had the chance to dive 4 times though. Has anyone. ever dove with Jacks Dive locker? They were great.
    We had the chance to do the manta ray night dive, which would have to be the most incredible experience of my life. It was AMAZING. We had 16 rays! I would HIGHLY suggest this dive.

Who else has dove in Kona?

On yeah, while snorkeling I found a wedding band!!!
    Last edited by thecheeseman; 08-21-2008 at 15:31.

TadPole
    I've done my diving with Sandwich Isle divers and love them. Seriously though... my wife lost her wedding band in May. I pm'd you with the particulars. It would be wild if you found it!

Randy

Shark
    I have dove with Jacks a few times and if Keller is doing the Manta dive you are in for a treat. That Manta dive is one of the best dive in the world...IMO.....16 rays???....there are some things that are just not fair....I've done that dive 15 to 20 times the most we ID'ed were 10....count yourself lucky!

I have done the night manta dives a few times. Definetly my favorite dive. I even took my 9 year old daughter on the snorkel, it was one of the most exciting things she has ever done. Check out the video here. I am already planning next Summers vacation back to Kona.
    manta

Guppy
    i have dove with kona honu divers. they did a great job. i went for the manta night dive, it was amazing!!!! 16 manta rays? well, i was trying to count but i lost count..... will go back again for sure.

Grouper
    My grandfather would take me out when I was a kid. It was a lot of fun. He was a farmer and worked most of the time, so we only went a couple of times a month for spearfishing.

Guppy
    Images
    Going to Kona in May, CAN NOT WAIT! Probably going to go with Kona Honu divers and the manta dive is on the top of my list.

Moderator ST-Forum Mod Charles R's Avatar
    Images
    I did the Manta Dive with Neptune Charlie it was great this was my sons first ocean Night dive and we will be back. We go to Kona 2X a Year this last trip in Early Oct was 10 days and 18 Dives with my son. Memories that will hopefully last the both of us a life time. We did all of our other dives with Red sail sports as they picked us up on the beach in front of the Hilton we always stay at.
    "If you can't get wet doing it, it can't be fun"

Guppy Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lisacay View Post
    Going to Kona in May, CAN NOT WAIT! Probably going to go with Kona Honu divers and the manta dive is on the top of my list.
    I can recommend Kona Honu - went with them this past Aug - mostly chose because of the big boat & good rep, (I think most if not all of the Kona Ops have good reps though) we were pleasantly surprised that being a big boat it was not overcrowded with people & captain & DM's were great.

(note: bigger boat is better if you have seasick prone dive buddy)

Whichever op you go with though - do NOT miss the night Manta dive!!

Thread Information