Thread: Zanzibar and Pemba

Grouper

Zanzibar and Pemba

Fly to Tanzania, internal to Pemba Island, North of Zanzibar and check out Swahili Divers. Great diving off the coast of Pemba, cool guesthouse and all the craziness of Africa outsiide the main gate. I done my DM there and loved the place.
    "Due to budget constraints the light at the end of the tunnel will be switched off".

Pemba

Keep in mind that diving Pemba is very 'time of year' based. The best time is in Jan-March. The best time to do a Kenyan safari is in Aug. during the animal migration, thus, the two trips do not necessarily go well together.
    Steve

I was there in Aug/September and loved diving off Zanzibar. Fantastic diving there.

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubakraut View Post
    I was there in Aug/September and loved diving off Zanzibar. Fantastic diving there.

Wow, I can only imagine.....especially in this economy :>{
    "Are there any brave men left in Washington or are they all cowards?"

TadPole
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Douglas View Post
    Keep in mind that diving Pemba is very 'time of year' based. The best time is in Jan-March. The best time to do a Kenyan safari is in Aug. during the animal migration, thus, the two trips do not necessarily go well together.
    Steve
    I was in Tanzania in March/April and caught migration (maybe the other direction) on safari. So maybe it's not totally incompatible. Loved the diving in Zanzibar. To this day I'm sad I didn't make it to Pemba. One of the guys on the trip in Zanzibar raved about diving for the whole day.

I was diving in Zanzibar and Pemba in April this year (2009). Stunning diving, great people. . . but i found the Swahili Divers "guesthouse" to be a total rip off (found much better and for less money just a few k away) and it was filthy dirty and falling apart. I got the pics if u wana see!

Thread Information