Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: our next president

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by thagar View Post
    If you are referring to the interview on ABC it was edited in the Dems favor.
    ABC Misrepresents Palin Quote in ‘Holy War’ Question - America’s Election HQ

So if that part was edited then what else was?
    Fox is the absolute worst source of information ever. They are incredibly conservative...

Want more reason to not pick McCain and Palin?
    NYT: Palin hired friends and hit critics - The New York Times - MSNBC.com

I still pose the question, assuming I'm an unbiased voter, can an Obama supporter offer a valid argument for giving my vote to him WITHOUT making reference to McCain, Palin, Bush or the Republican party? it seems the strength in this campaign is coming from creating a "bad idea" perception of the opponent rather than a "good idea" perception of Obama. On the other hand, i've heard a lot of supportive arguments for McCain that aren't aimed at discrediting Obama. (i'll admit, there are some, but it seems to be more as defense to liberal attacks than offensive attacks on the democrats)... I want a president that makes things happen, not someone who makes excuses.... sorry, but right now i'm just not getting that "warm-fuzzy" feeling from the "ethics" of the democratic campaign strategy.
    You vote for who will do the least damage... Either way, the US is going to go downhill, but McCain will definitely drive us down faster.
    Last edited by SlvrDragon50; 09-14-2008 at 00:18.

i just hope american voters see thru the hype and half-truths that are published by the mccain/palin campaign.

i used to respect mccain because he ran a relatively clean campaign. until now. i have a feeling karl rove's giving him a lot of advice.

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Fox is the absolute worst source of information ever. They are incredibly conservative...

Want more reason to not pick McCain and Palin?
    NYT: Palin hired friends and hit critics - The New York Times - MSNBC.com

I still pose the question, assuming I'm an unbiased voter, can an Obama supporter offer a valid argument for giving my vote to him WITHOUT making reference to McCain, Palin, Bush or the Republican party? it seems the strength in this campaign is coming from creating a "bad idea" perception of the opponent rather than a "good idea" perception of Obama. On the other hand, i've heard a lot of supportive arguments for McCain that aren't aimed at discrediting Obama. (i'll admit, there are some, but it seems to be more as defense to liberal attacks than offensive attacks on the democrats)... I want a president that makes things happen, not someone who makes excuses.... sorry, but right now i'm just not getting that "warm-fuzzy" feeling from the "ethics" of the democratic campaign strategy.
    You vote for who will do the least damage... Either way, the US is going to go downhill, but McCain will definitely drive us down faster.
    and CNN is incredibly liberal, it all about who you get your information from. I see a couple anti-McCain ads on fox and no anti-Obama adds on CNN. So there not INCREDIBLY conservitive.
    Last edited by thagar; 09-14-2008 at 12:27.
    You thought about how you could, but you didn't think about if you should.

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdizney View Post
    Well, I guess this just speaks to the filters we all view thing with, because when I read what McCain supporters are saying, I see a lot of references and comparisons to Obama instead of strengths of McCain. Plus, I have serious questions about the "ethics" of McCain's campaign when they have ads that have been proved to be outright distorted mistruths, but they stand by them.

Why am I voting for Obama without comparison to McCain? Because he is pro-choice. Because he wants to reform "No Child Left Behind," which is a miserable failure as is, and he supports early childhood education. Because his economic plan supports the lower/middle American income familes. Because, while he personally believes marriage is between and man and a woman, he does not think it should be legislated. Because he supports comprehensive sex education in schools. Because, as a Social Worker, I admire hiw early work in community organizing and civil rights, and believe those are signs he truly does want to work for the betterment of people as a whole. There are other reasons, but I'll stop here for now.

You can disagree with me or not believe these things are as important as I do, and that's fine. I am not trying to change your mind, just answer your question.

Grouper
    Here's someting interesting for all you Texans out there.

Rules Must Bend to Allow McCain, Obama on Texas Ballot with Barr — Bob Barr 2008

TadPole
    Either way the election goes, I think the next 4 years will be interesting. Many people have not liked the last 4, (I say 4, instead of 8 because Bush was re-elected, if the first 4 were as bad as the last, I doubt that would have happened)

This election has a more dramatic difference of opinion on every issue. I can't really think of something both parties agree on.

I hope people actually vote, I always hate the idea of the minority actually making decisions because the rest don't vote.

Grouper
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Athena2c View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdizney View Post
    Well, I guess this just speaks to the filters we all view thing with, because when I read what McCain supporters are saying, I see a lot of references and comparisons to Obama instead of strengths of McCain. Plus, I have serious questions about the "ethics" of McCain's campaign when they have ads that have been proved to be outright distorted mistruths, but they stand by them.

Why am I voting for Obama without comparison to McCain? Because he is pro-choice. Because he wants to reform "No Child Left Behind," which is a miserable failure as is, and he supports early childhood education. Because his economic plan supports the lower/middle American income familes. Because, while he personally believes marriage is between and man and a woman, he does not think it should be legislated. Because he supports comprehensive sex education in schools. Because, as a Social Worker, I admire hiw early work in community organizing and civil rights, and believe those are signs he truly does want to work for the betterment of people as a whole. There are other reasons, but I'll stop here for now.

You can disagree with me or not believe these things are as important as I do, and that's fine. I am not trying to change your mind, just answer your question.
    Thank you, Athena! that's the kind of stuff I was looking for.
    i will play for gumbo.

Grouper
    Finally someone that can tell me what Obama will do. Now how about McCain?

I agree with Bob Barr on everything, but education. He actually wants to cut funding on education and disassemble the DOEd. He is a believer in home schooling or having the parents pay for their kids education.

Grouper
    It's time we had a more centrist president. Obama is so far left its not funny.
    Obama has gone back on the things he's said in his campaign (public funding for starters), just imagine what he'll do should he be elected. Do we even know? Scary stuff.

Grouper
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidder View Post
    It's time we had a more centrist president. Obama is so far left its not funny.
    Obama has gone back on the things he's said in his campaign (public funding for starters), just imagine what he'll do should he be elected. Do we even know? Scary stuff.
    Are you saying we know what McCain is going to do? After bragging for years about championing deregulation, now we are supposed to believe he is going to bring about all this new regulation. After bragging for years and claiming to be a "Maverick", when he needs the votes all the sudden he starts marching in line with the current Administration. I'm a Republican, and I'm not saying Obama is any better, but instead of this meaningless/baseless slamming of each other, I would love for people to actually start saying why they are voting for their candidate. I honestly believe not everyone, but a large majority of voters out there don't know why they are voting for their guy, they are actually just voting against someone.
    “If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” -- Jimmy Buffett
    http://www.mandtoates.net/diveblog/ -- http://www.westernmarylanddivers.com/index.php

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread Information