Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Energy.............

Guppy

Energy.............

Well I just broke the 190 mark, from 218. Now I kinda want to hover. I need to balance weight loss with eating enough for energy. I believe this will be the toughest point... I would like to stay in between 185 - 190 and now gain on energy. I thought loosing weight would give me more energy, and it has a bit but, I do wear out a some.

Any suggestions?

I do now run a couple miles 3 times a week but, am pretty drained after that.

Grouper
    Sleep is big for me. I don't notice a difference with day to day activities, but I can really tell if I missed a hour or two of sleep once I start running.

Otherwise, you build endurance by adding a longer run/ride/workout once a week or so.

Rich

Grouper Founding Member
    congrats on dropping those pounds....

what do you generally eat in a day?

Guppy
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdEye View Post
    congrats on dropping those pounds....

what do you generally eat in a day?
    Thanks, I start the day with a bowl of cereal, usually Life. Sometimes 1 slice wheat toast with peanut butter and honey. Lunch, fat free yogurt, at least 4 times a week, the other days, light lunch. Dinner, a regular dinner, stopping before I over eat.
    I was a junk food junkie and I cut ALL of that out in the last 2 months, with an occasional cookie maybe once a week.
    Then started walking fast, then running sometimes and walking the other times, then all running...
    Let me tell you, it was tough. I really worked on my will power and diving had allot to do with it. NOW, I need more energy. Yes, I do work 2 jobs and sleep sometimes is lacking. JOe

Grouper Founding Member
    sounds like you're on the right track with the types of foods you eat...

i might include some more lean protein like salmon and egg whites if possible, flax oil and olive oil and nuts are great healthy fats, and great for energy. Also, sipping green tea can be a good energy booster. And don't forget to drink enough water...dehydration can cause fatigue.

Grouper Founding Member
    also, try to squeeze in a 20-40 min power nap....it helps

Guppy
    sounds like you're on the right track with the types of foods you eat...

i might include some more lean protein like salmon and egg whites if possible, flax oil and olive oil and nuts are great healthy fats, and great for energy. Also, sipping green tea can be a good energy booster. And don't forget to drink enough water...dehydration can cause fatigue.
    Thanks 3E, I will try adding a some... I thnk most of my energy before was a in the way of short time sugar.

Guppy
    also, try to squeeze in a 20-40 min power nap....it helps
    I am also thinking of starting a light weight lifting program, nothing major but, adding a bit more muscle where the fat used to be.

Moderator Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    Way to go Joe!!! It sounds like you are doing great! Keep up the work.
    If I can't scuba then what's this whole thing about, what am I working toward? - Creed "The Office"

Awesome progress! I'm down to 210 and hope to break the 200 barrier soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information