Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Ike

Grouper

Hurricane Ike

Not sure how many of you guys are in Ikes path but if you are don't try to be a hero and stay in your house. They are calling for a catagory 4 hurricane. Be safe out there.
    You thought about how you could, but you didn't think about if you should.

Barracuda Founding Member
    Images
    Mother nature has bested me again. I wish I could do something, but apparently this hammer only works on lightning and thunder.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in Ike's path. Let's hope the weather reports are wrong.

Shark
    Images

The offer still stands!

rileybri (me)
    After talking to my wife however, we can offer this; To anyone affected by this or any other storm that should hit our soil, to anyone who just does not want to deal with sitting through another hurricane or wants/need to get themselves or family away, we are opening up our house to you and your family and pets (they are important to). I know Vermont is a long ways away and it is a long shot that anyone weld want to come all the way up here, however it is the least we can do for our brothers and sisters in harms way. Think about it like a nice early fall vacation to beautiful Lake Champlain in Burlington VT (airport code BTV). If ya do come up, and it is really nice up hear this time of year (hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge), bring your dive gear if ya can because we have some great diving in VT!!!

Shark Founding Member
    PADI Divemaster, TDI Advanced Trimix

TadPole
    Quote Originally Posted by Rileybri View Post
    rileybri (me)
    After talking to my wife however, we can offer this; To anyone affected by this or any other storm that should hit our soil, to anyone who just does not want to deal with sitting through another hurricane or wants/need to get themselves or family away, we are opening up our house to you and your family and pets (they are important to). I know Vermont is a long ways away and it is a long shot that anyone weld want to come all the way up here, however it is the least we can do for our brothers and sisters in harms way. Think about it like a nice early fall vacation to beautiful Lake Champlain in Burlington VT (airport code BTV). If ya do come up, and it is really nice up hear this time of year (hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge), bring your dive gear if ya can because we have some great diving in VT!!!
    Awesome invite. Wish I could visit. However, I will continue to look toward the Gulf and think about VT at the start of Fall.

vanessar

Shark
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vanessar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rileybri View Post
    rileybri (me)
    Awesome invite. Wish I could visit. However, I will continue to look toward the Gulf and think about VT at the start of Fall.

vanessar

Good luck with the store and know that at any time for any reason you are welcome in VT. The Leaves are changing color, the sap is running and the visibility has never been better!

Stay safe out there everyone in the face of this storm!

THE Supreme Master Spammer Founding Member
    My hat is off to the Texans out there. Nobody whining.

Stay safe guys.
    Tim "The Star and Crescent shall not be worn by every man, but only by him who is worthy to wear it. He must be a gentleman... a man of honor and courage... a man of zeal, yet humble... an intelligent man...a man of truth... one who tempers action with wisdom and, above all else, one who walks in the light of God."

Grouper
    I'm still whining about the "hurrication" i had to take from Gustav.

I think the reason no texans are whining is because they're all out diving! Crazy cowboys!

Quote Originally Posted by reactive View Post
    I'm still whining about the "hurrication" i had to take from Gustav.

I think the reason no texans are whining is because they're all out diving! Crazy cowboys!
    LOL. Bunch of Cowboys.

Tim "The Star and Crescent shall not be worn by every man, but only by him who is worthy to wear it. He must be a gentleman... a man of honor and courage... a man of zeal, yet humble... an intelligent man...a man of truth... one who tempers action with wisdom and, above all else, one who walks in the light of God."

But truly guys, be careful. Cat 3 can be bad. Particularly in a flood or surge prone area. Even though flooding is the big risk, the buildings (particularly single familly residences) may not do well.
    Last edited by Splitlip; 09-11-2008 at 19:47.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information