Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: non-Scuba activities

Shark Founding Member
    Enid, Oklahoma (no longer living the desert life)
    Images
    You know........if you own your own gear, it's a home gym. I am sore as could be right now. Spending 2 days carrying 70 pounds of tanks up and down hills, carrying gear bags up and down, etc, etc. My back and legs are really letting me know exactly what I did. But it's the "good" kinda hurt.

FD

Grouper
    A Thousand Miles From Nowhere...in Saitama
    Images
    Heh. It sounds like when I used to work for the moving company back when I was in undergrad. You really got into shape there. I wasn't always physically moving stuff, but even packing is a physical activity. You're moving quickly, lifting things, bending over, shlupping 50# bundles of paper, bundles of boxes, stacking boxes, etc. etc.

Truth be told, I miss working for the moving company. Libraries can be conductive to exercise too, if you're walking around a lot helping patrons, carrying materials, etc., but not quite the same.
    A Thousand Miles From Nowhere
    http://namabiru.********.com

TadPole
    Primarily climbing, both indoors and out -- usually 3 days/nights a week. I do a little road biking during the year, and short hikes with friends in the area.

My vacations used to be entirely climbing related, for the past 3 years, I've been alternating diving and climbing. Not sure what the trend will be in the future.

TadPole
    Wakeboarding, climbing, caving, sailing, jungle trekking, kayaking, just about anything outdoors

Damnam

Grouper Founding Member
    um... I work...

actually that's why i took up diving.
    To do something physical.

Jogging, biking, walking, anything that improves cardio, walking, etc.

Grouper Founding Member
    Walk, swim and lift weights.
    RonC.

Grouper
    i have a small gym at home because i still live with my parents and i have a junior olympic pool in my backyard. So i swim laps and walk on the treadmill(i hate running) and do weight lifting and streangth traning and i am still a bit fat but hey i like it!

Grouper Founding Member
    I figured alot of the sports and activities mentioned would tend to swing towards the "exterme side"
    Myself in the winter all I have time to do is ski, but I did snowboard for couple of days last season.
    Inn the summer Scuba, obviously, alot of water sports, Waterski, tubing, and kneeboarding, and just spending time at the beach. A couple of years ago I got involved with competitive sailing, first I crewed on a larger boat, but have graduated to my own boat and now split time between sailing a Laser 2 and a Hobie 16 that I just started with really this year.
    When I don't feel like getting my feet wet I either get out on the mtn bike, golf, go climbing, or camping. Needless to say weekends and leisure time is pretty booked up.

TadPole
    Does chasing your 5 yeard old son count? Other than that I have my own boxing bag in the shed, I need to work with it more than I have the last month. So thats my goal to get back out there and take a swing at.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information