Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Practical Jokes for divers. Whose got some?

THE Supreme Master Spammer Founding Member

Practical Jokes for divers. Whose got some?

No I am not talking about turning someone's gas off at depth or putting Atomic Balm in somebody's wetsuit. But clever stuff.

I am particularly proud of one I pulled on night dive on a local charter.

I had purchased some used golf clubs (useless activity, but sometimes you gotta do it). In the bag I found 4 $1000.00 (MXN) coins from the 1980's. These coins are worthless since Mexico revalued their currancy in the 90's. The coins however are big and heavy and are minted it would seem from a bronze alloy. Maybe copper, but more yellowish.

In any event, (I think you know where I am going with this), I took the coins on the dive and brought them to the bottom with me in a pocket. When ever I thought somebody was looking at me, I would go through this production of swimming down, fanning sand then putting my hand in my pocket.

I showed one person under the light one coin just before we assended. I need an unwitting acompliss.

Back on deck it was quite exciting. I was surprised that a couple others had "seen" the exotic (could they be gold dabloons?!) coins too, but were unable to get to them because I was so quick.
    Last edited by Splitlip; 08-14-2007 at 19:59.

Barracuda ST-Forum Mod dallasdivergirl's Avatar
    That's funny & wrong all rolled in one.

I had some one turn my air back on after I had turned it off to put water in my bio filter. Needless to say when I tried to put the water in it went every where along with my little fill-up bottle.

Moderator ST-Forum Mod WV Diver's Avatar
    Images
    It's always fun to put a good portion a cheese whiz in the BC pocket of some unsuspecting victim. We do this at the lake where there are a lot of fish that are use to getting free handouts. The cheese slowly releases its tantalizing aromas as the person dives and when they stop they get attacked by hundreds of bluegill and bass.

Your little trick would work well with some iron pyrite. You could even let them look at it or better yet, let them find it.

Most people don't know the difference.

1-877-728-2243
    Good judgment comes from experience.
    Experience comes from bad judgment.

A series of unrecognized mistakes does not constitute experience.

I'm a NMOF and proud of it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Grouper
    Took a few divers on their first dive which happened to be the weekend before Halloween. I asked them if they ever had been to the old row boat. Nope cool lets go. Now the water in the lake is pretty murky at best 5' of vis. so I said I will take a bearing and follow behind me. Off we went. Just as we got to the boat I let them pass by so they could see the boat in its totality. At that point I got my oct ready and prepared to grab them when they bolted. Sure enough as they shined their lights on the boat they started to bolt - seems I forgot to mention the very life like mannequins in the boat.

Grouper Founding Member
    Super Glue in the reg mouthpiece...cracks me up everytime!
    Head for the kelp!

THE Supreme Master Spammer Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WV Diver View Post
    It's always fun to put a good portion a cheese whiz in the BC pocket of some unsuspecting victim. We do this at the lake where there are a lot of fish that are use to getting free handouts. The cheese slowly releases its tantalizing aromas as the person dives and when they stop they get attacked by hundreds of bluegill and bass.
    I like that. I might try it. Only here it might work better with chunk of bloody Bonito .

Guppy Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cichlid View Post
    I hope that was a joke...

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by Centerius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cichlid View Post
    I hope that was a joke...
    that seems like the fastest way to get a guy killed by who ever is on the recieving end of that joke.

Guppy

Pretty in pink fins

After my one of my buddies called to cancel on our planned early am dive trip due to a lost fin from his truck. Note this guy is a very serious spearfisherman and cave certed diver that owns a $9000 rebreather and three or four camo wetsuits and masks but his spare fins were in Tampa. I told him I had a spare set of large fins he could borrow plus I needed a buddy. We loaded my boat and headed out. I kept the spare fins stashed in my bag until we got to the site. The four of us staged our gear and then he asked for the fins. you had to see his face when I broke my wifes pretty flaming pink Dacors out, he was pissed and almost wouldnt dive, especialy when he caught me trying to taking his picture. The other guys ragged on him all day and they still comment on how secure he was with his manhood. he deleted the picture of my digital, that bastard.

Grouper
    Cheese whiz on the hood after entering the water seems to be a good one as well. They can't see them coming.

Want to do something kinda neat to yourself? Put cheese whiz on your own mask and watch the fish attack it. Be prepared to clear your mask even the small ones can hit pretty hard.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information