Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: October Dive

TadPole
    Who's planning to make it tommorow?

Grouper
    Images
    I just talked to the nice guy from Scuba J's at Lake Murray Marina (580-223-4832). He said they are basically closed for the season but if someone definitely wanted to rent tanks or something, they could call (an hour or so beforehand) and they would arrange to meet them there (they just don't want to sit around all day if no one is going to show up). Since I don't live in a city with a dive shop, it's kind of hard for me to work out returns so I thought this might be an option. I'm going to decide in the morning if I'm coming down (I have to drop my son off at the high school at 6a anyway). Are you guys still meeting at Marietta Landing?

Janet
    Last edited by cowgirldiver; 10-10-2008 at 14:17. Reason: blonde

TadPole
    Janet I'd be glad to pick up a couple tanks for ya if you want and bring down with me? I have to go pick up a rubber band for my pole spear anyways...............

Grouper
    Images
    Thanks Oki-I just still haven't decided if I'm coming yet. Need to talk to my son and make sure his dad is going to pick him up when he gets back from OKC tomorrow-otherwise I'm not going. I do hope I get to come so I can finally meet some of the people from the board.

Grouper
    Images
    In case I come tomorrow, how will I find you guys (besides you being at Marietta landing?). Last time I was there, seemed to be a lot of people camping in that area and I don't want to go around introducing myself to people asking "Are you a dirty water diver?" I drive a little grey VW beetle convertible.

Barracuda
    I will be there setup. I have a blue awning that will be setup. I will also have 8 1/2" x 11" signs that say "Dirty Water Dive Society" I will have everything setup as close to the entry area at Marietta LAnding as possible. Also this time around I will be in a dark blue Hyundai Santa Fe with my wife and kiddos.
    Dirty Water Dive Society. Oklahoma City's Newest Dive Club. http://www.Dirtywaterdive.com

Sure wish I was going to be able to make it...

I wish I could make it... I am scheduled to be at Elmer Thomas to help a friend get certified AOW...

On the other hand, if anyone is up to diving Lake Murray that following weekend, the weekend of the 18/19, let me know... I am looking for a buddy or two or four...

Just planning on doing some easy diving, playing with a new pony bottle setup, as well as a speargun that I received as a present...

So if any of you guys/gals are up to diving, shoot me a PM and lets meet up...

Grouper
    Images
    The day was beautiful-water was a little chilly at 72 degrees but still manageable in my 3 mil (a little cold towards the end of the 2nd dive). I believe Roadracer said this was the biggest meetup so far with 4 divers there-Oki Dirt also showed up with his friend Kenny (I hope I got his name right-I'm terrible with names!!) Vis was ok-I guess not as good as it has been but at least as good or better than it was at Tenkiller 2 weekends ago. Oki Dirt tried out his spear gun and got 3 fish.

TadPole
    Me and Kenny had a great time, it was a beautiful day and the water wasen't to bad, vis was not as good as a couple weeks ago though! It was good to meet everyone and hope to hook up again soon!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information