Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reminders about the forum - Please read!

Guppy
    Wow I had no idea that this forum is so young. Good job everyone at keeping this board alive and friendly
    Life is a matter of luck, and the odds in favor of success are in no way enhanced by extreme caution

Moderator Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigg_Budd View Post
    No more cursing? How will I get my point across?
    It will be tough...but I have faith in you.

Quote Originally Posted by northfrisian View Post
    Can we make fun of each other?
    As long as it is good natured.

We're not just sitting around waiting for a chance to police you. I have better things to do with my time. We rely on the other members to help us out. If you see someone being rude, call them out...in a respectful way. If you're not comfortable with that, report the post and let a mod take care of it. 4 or 5 moderators can't keep the atmosphere here. It has to come from the members.
    If I can't scuba then what's this whole thing about, what am I working toward? - Creed "The Office"

Grouper Founding Member
    Images
    I too would like to thank everyone who has contributed to this forum. I've made some friends and feel I've learned alot. Also had a little fun.
    "Stay thirsty my friends"

Grouper
    I only joined this forum a couple of months back and I thought it's one that has been in existence since the internet was invented!
    Great forum, Great people!
    Keep it up guys.
    “From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders.. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free" -- Cousteau

Grouper Founding Member rktman26's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Foo2 View Post
    Hi all! Wow! What a wild 15 months it has been since Joe and Larry gave us this place to hang out! I don't know about y'all, but I have learned a ton and have met many new friends...several of which I consider life long friends. It was very clear when the forum first started that there were some guidelines that we were expected to follow. We have lots of new members that have since joined and may not realize what is expected of us. I figured that it may not be a bad time to remind everyone of the basic guidelines of the forum.

1. Absolutely, under no circumstances, should anyone ever be flamed on our forum.
    2. RESPECT! Nobody likes to be disrespected...please treat all of our members with respect.
    3. BE KIND! Sometimes when things are being debated, it can be hard to be kind to a fellow forum member that has disagreed with you. Please try hard to be kind even when you don't want to be.
    4. Please keep profanity to a minimum. We do have children on this forum and try to maintain a family atmosphere. This forum is open to all ages 13 and up.
    5. If you have a problem with #1-4...you may want to find a new place to hang.

I feel that it is very important to respect Joe and Larry's wishes regarding the forum. Help us keep this place a fun place to be.
    I'll throw in my two cents here.
    I haven't been diving long, but I was just getting into it when this form started. I don't post much, as I don't have alot of experience diving, but I check the site at least once a week, and often every day. Sometimes more than once a day.
    After looking at the list of guidelines, I have to say that I've really seen none of those guidelines broken. Sure, there's some "heated discussions", especially in the recent political threads. But overall, since the forums inceptions, I feel that this forum has always been a relaxed and fun place to learn and share experiences. I thank Joe and Larry, as well as the Mods for that.
    I am raising money for the Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund by running the 2008 Marine Corps Marathon.

To help me raise money, please visit the link below:

http://www.active.com/donate/teamsemperfi08/AWether1

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by northfrisian View Post
    Can we make fun of each other?
    Only allowed to make fun of Larry and Joe.....

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by unclepooty View Post
    I too would like to thank everyone who has contributed to this forum. I've made some friends and feel I've learned alot. Also had a little fun.
    Indeed!
    I've met more fellow/buddy divers just by posting here and meeting them at a dive spot!! Great to put faces with the names!

Grouper
    Images
    Great forum, Great Moderators, great members!! oh, and there's that little online dive shot that ain't to shabby either!

Thanks Foo for the thread, and for your contribution to this community (along with all the other great moderators!)......
    i will play for gumbo.

Grouper
    I thought it had been around for longer too. I just started diving this year and this is the first place I go when I'm looking for answers to my (sometimes stupid) questions. Scubatoys and this Forum are Fantastic!!

Quote Originally Posted by Foo2 View Post
    Hi all! Wow! What a wild 15 months it has been since Joe and Larry gave us this place to hang out! I don't know about y'all, but I have learned a ton and have met many new friends...several of which I consider life long friends. It was very clear when the forum first started that there were some guidelines that we were expected to follow. We have lots of new members that have since joined and may not realize what is expected of us. I figured that it may not be a bad time to remind everyone of the basic guidelines of the forum.

1. Absolutely, under no circumstances, should anyone ever be flamed on our forum.
    2. RESPECT! Nobody likes to be disrespected...please treat all of our members with respect.
    3. BE KIND! Sometimes when things are being debated, it can be hard to be kind to a fellow forum member that has disagreed with you. Please try hard to be kind even when you don't want to be.
    4. Please keep profanity to a minimum. We do have children on this forum and try to maintain a family atmosphere. This forum is open to all ages 13 and up.
    5. If you have a problem with #1-4...you may want to find a new place to hang.

I feel that it is very important to respect Joe and Larry's wishes regarding the forum. Help us keep this place a fun place to be.
    Only 15 months? WOW!

I can only imagine the amount of increased volume ST has achieved by creating such a wonderful environment.

ST has definately created a place to hang out, learn and share,...and at the same time providing themselves with a super-highway of customers at the click of a button.

For those who are not business oriented, ST has found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

I am truly impressed, great business model!

Good job ST, you deserve every penny.
    Inhale, Exhale, Repeat.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information