Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ScubaPro

Guppy

Angry ScubaPro

Alright,

I bought my wife and myself a set of ScubaPro Twin Jet Max fins from our LDS about a month ago give or take a few weeks. I went in to the shop last week only to find out that SP is now shipping the T.J.M. Fins w/spring straps with not additional fee. My dealer basically gave me the ya that sucks for you. I emailed SP's After Sales Product Support guy and got this reply:

"Dear Diver

Thank you for choosing SCUBAPRO UWATEC equipment. You will need to talk to the dealer regarding this issue."

Don't get me wrong, I love the SP stuff that I have bought, but their support all around pretty much is the pits. This is not my first run in w/ SP, nor will it be the last. Any suggestions as to what I can do? I feel a little jipped by this move. Did my dealer not know that they were going to ship w/ spring straps? Did he sell them to me knowing so that he could move the 'old' product to get the new and improved on his shelves quicker? Any help is wanted.
    "It's not what you do in your life that matters. It is what you do in other people's lives that matters" - my grandfather

Grouper
    i seriously think it's really down to the LDS, i bet he knows that he will be getting shipment with spring straps

Guppy
    Why I would hope not, my gut feeling tells me you are right. I would like to see the memo from SP they sent to the dealers...and the date - cross check that with my purchase date.
    "It's not what you do in your life that matters. It is what you do in other people's lives that matters" - my grandfather

Grouper
    and how are you planning to get your hands on the memo? chances are your LDS will refuse showing it to you and insisting on their story ...

Guppy
    "I would like..." - Yes, I would like...

"chances are your LDS will refuse showing it to you and insisting on their story ..." - He has played the I didn't know game before.

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    I have to back ScubaPro on this one. Just because a manufacturer releases a new, updated piece of gear doesn't really imply they have a duty or obligation to take the older equipment back. There's nothing wrong with the older equipment, it's just that new stuff came out now that's better. That's the way of life. Gee, I wish Honda would just "give" me a new 2008 car, since I just bought my 2007 less than a month before the 2008 one came out... clearly Honda sucks and is mean to their customers.

If it's been less than a month, perhaps you can work something out with your LDS... but that all comes down to how good your LDS is, had what their specific return policy is, and has nothing to do with ScubaPro. There is nothing actually wrong with your fins, you just like the new ones better. I like the new Sony LCD TVs better than the old ones, too, but I don't really expect Best Buy to hand me a free upgraded version just because new ones came out... and I don't really fault Sony for that, either.

Or did I misread something in the telling of this tale of woe?

ScubaPro actually has a long history of supporting their gear for years longer than other manufacturers. They still sell service kits... and UPGRADE kits... for regulators they made more than 20 years ago. They still honor the LIFETIME warranty on their Jet fins. But the warranty, as with most manufacturers, has to do with something being WRONG with the unit they sold you; it's not a "free upgrades for life" warranty.
    Last edited by CompuDude; 10-23-2008 at 13:44.

Guppy

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by CompuDude View Post
    Just because a manufacturer releases a new, updated piece of gear doesn't really imply they have a duty or obligation to take the older equipment back.
    Agreed. I'll input more below.

Gee, I wish Honda would just "give" me a new 2008 car, since I just bought my 2007 less than a month before the 2008 one came out... clearly Honda sucks and is mean to their customers.
    Sarcasm aside, no they are not mean, they are doing business. I agree with you. But, everyone and their mom knows that Honda is going to release new versions of many, if not all, of their current lineup next year. Not the same with diving equip.

If it's been less than a month, perhaps you can work something out with your LDS...but that all comes down to how good your LDS is...
    Well, when I asked about when they started included the spring strap, I was told not long ago... whatever time frame that means. What really got my blood hot was the next words out of his mouth was, "You can buy them for $40 bucks a pair from me, you will be saving $60 because they used to sell them for $100."

There is nothing actually wrong with your fins, you just like the new ones better.
    I would say improved. But agreed once again.

Or did I misread something in the telling of this tale of woe?
    We all need to vent sometimes about trivial things. You are correct though in your thought process. As stated before, I just feel a little pissed about how my LDS handled the situation. Thanks for the input. I feel a little calmer.

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewskey View Post
    We all need to vent sometimes about trivial things. You are correct though in your thought process. As stated before, I just feel a little pissed about how my LDS handled the situation. Thanks for the input. I feel a little calmer.
    I hear ya... My main objection was that the venting was partially directed at ScubaPro, which was very much not at fault here. The LDS guy in question definitely sounds like a tool, based on his response. I'd be steamed, too. I hope, for your sake, that you have more than one option.

Grouper
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewskey View Post
    What really got my blood hot was the next words out of his mouth was, "You can buy them for $40 bucks a pair from me, you will be saving $60 because they used to sell them for $100."
    Does this LDS sell used cars on the side, by any chance? What a greaseball...

Guppy
    ...I hope, for your sake, that you have more than one option.
    Three actually. Amazing I know. They all have their toolish ways however.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information