Thread: More Info on the New Line of BCs?

More Info on the New Line of BCs?

Any chance you could give us a little more information on the new line of BCs introduced this year at DEMA?

Shark
    Bare's making BCs now?
    Matt Silvia

Grouper
    I want more info on the Black Wing. I saw it the current issue of Scuba Diving under new products. It looks very similar to Sea Quests Black Diamond. I am just going off one photo. I have looked for more info but have not been able to locate it.

Grand Poobah Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    We have some of them coming in - they are basically the rip tide BC's - Tweaked out for Bare, and as soon as they get in, we'll put the info and photos on our pages.

Grouper
    I found out some info

Not to draw you ways from Scubatoys website. Look at the day 2 DEMA viedo on Scubadiving.com about 1 min in they provide an overview of the Bare BC's.

Scuba Diving Magazine - DEMA Daily Update - Day Two

Thanks, acamato. I took a look at the video on the Scuba Diving website. The Bare rep says they're coming out with four new BCs, as well as a full line of masks, snorkels, and fins. I'm glad to hear from Larry that the BC's will be made by RipeTide. Those guys build absolutely top notch gear.

Hey, Larry, I thought that RipTide had merged with Omega Aquatics. Now, if you go to the Omega Aquatics website, the only product they list are those flip fins of theirs. The RipTide BCs are no longer shown. Any idea what happened there?

Quote Originally Posted by Makai View Post
    Thanks, acamato. I took a look at the video on the Scuba Diving website. The Bare rep says they're coming out with four new BCs, as well as a full line of masks, snorkels, and fins. I'm glad to hear from Larry that the BC's will be made by RipeTide. Those guys build absolutely top notch gear.

Hey, Larry, I thought that RipTide had merged with Omega Aquatics. Now, if you go to the Omega Aquatics website, the only product they list are those flip fins of theirs. The RipTide BCs are no longer shown. Any idea what happened there?
    Is this the original Rip Tide that made the grace bc.... can't remember the name of the guy but do remember that he was from colorado. I bought the grace from him when they first came to DEMA and love it. Just want to get something lighter now and if they're making bc's again maybe they will update the women's line.
    "May all your bubbles reach the surface before you do!" http://www.divebuddy.com/Linda

Thread Information