Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: playing with sea life??

Shark

playing with sea life??

have you ever played with an underwater animal/fish??

I was diving off the coast of key largo Florida and a yellow Damselfish approached my mask. I bobbed to the right and it followed me so I bobbed to the left and it followed again. I bobbed up and down and turned around slowly several times. it followed my face the whole time. we played for almost 10 minutes until another diver approached and the fish retreated. It was so cool. was he trying to make me go away or was he looking at his reflection in my mask. anyway it was fun for me. I never touched the fish we just played.
    God is good, no matter what!!

Guppy
    This last trip I took to Bahamas, I had a fish attack me..lol I was swimming along looking at all the cool parts of the wreck we were diving on, the Sopona, and I felt this tiny pinch. I turned to look and didn't see anything. Continued swimming along minding my own business, and got pinched again. This time I saw a little tiny fish ( half black and half white) dart away. Then he/she got really brass and came darting towards me and nipped me again. That darn fish followed me forever trying to get me.

Not sure what I did, but I finally got saved by other divers coming over to the area I was in.

Grouper
    I have had a puffer fish come up to me for some reason then it blew up and I held it in my hands for quite sometime. A buddy of mine also had a little fish attack him which was quite funny. I was in front of him and I felt something grab my fin and thrash me around and I turned around and saw that a fish the size of my wallet was having a go at him. It was great.

Grouper
    My friend had a remora trying to attach itself to him. What made it funny was that he was wearing board shorts and had no idea that the remora was making its way up his leg into his censored zone. The rest of us were laughing and flooded our mask as we witness the scene.
    “From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders.. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free" -- Cousteau

Guppy
    In san carlos the momma and baby sea lions would swim up to us and around us. some would come right up to your mask as if trying to figure you out. one tapped me on the back of my tank and some would imitate us when we were swimming in circles or summersaults. we didn't touch them but they were fun to swim with.

Grouper
    the first dive i ever did, i was being eaten buy a oklahoma paranah. incase you dont know that is a perch. the reason it was surprising is, i always thought they were scared but at depth, they will actually swim at you

Barracuda
    Images
    I was diving with "fisherdog" one day and she felt a tug on her fin. She turned around expecting to find me doing the pulling. Instead it was a juvenile loggerhead. He then proceeded to swim between us and circle us for ~5 minutes, before swimming off. It was pretty cool.

I guess this would fall under the title "Sealife playing with me" and not "Me playing with sealife".
    * If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes *

Grouper Founding Member
    CHeck out my avatar...Belize! And Stingray City in Grand Cayman.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    dannybot

Grouper

Sea lions

I had a couple of exhausting dives playing with sea lion pups. They will tug your fins, blow bubbles in your face, copy you swimming corkscrews, somersaults, etc. If you get winded (and you will) they take off to find a new playmate!
    DIVE with me in THAILAND!
    Gekko Scuba Divers, Phuket

Grouper Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dannybot View Post
    CHeck out my avatar...Belize! And Stingray City in Grand Cayman.
    Sorry the shark got edited out, and I can't get the picture to upload:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    dannybot

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information