Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aruba

Aruba

Can anyone make any recommendations for diving in Aruba? We have just changed our plans from Grand Cayman for September do to Hurricane Dean.

TadPole
    Quote Originally Posted by scubasdaniel View Post
    Can anyone make any recommendations for diving in Aruba? We have just changed our plans from Grand Cayman for September do to Hurricane Dean.
    We go to Aruba each year. The diving is great there also. We dive with Unique Sports and have dove with them for 10 years. They are located behind the Raddison Hotel by De Palm pier. Here is their website:

http://www.visitaruba.com/uniquesports/

There are nice wrecks to dive and reefs. They go to all the places.

Have fun

TadPole
    We're also going to Aruba after Christmas with a few friends. I've been encouraging them to get certified so they can dive with us. The type and quantity of diving will vary based upon their status. Whatever the case - I'm diving!

I've done a little reseach and have heard very good things about Clive at Dive Aruba (www.divearuba.com). You can find a number of dive reports and reviews on this operation and others over on ScubaBoard.

Let us know what you decide and be sure to post a report after your trip.

Have fun and be safe.

- Dave.

Aruba

I did some diving with Clive thought he was excellent.
    He deals on a cash basis only. Also did some diving with
    Red Sail Sports they were also good but I would choose
    Clive first.

Grouper
    Images
    I'll be diving there in feb. and i think i'm using these guys: http://www.scubadivers-aruba.com/index.html

Let me add another vote for Clive Paula at Dive Aruba. He runs a small boat (six divers max) and provides expert personalized service. Good dive guide and a freaking amazing diver. Not much sun protection on his boat, though, so don't forget your sunscreen.

Barracuda Founding Member
    Images
    Aruba was great. Nice shallow wrecks. I loved diving with S.E.Aruba Fly n Dive. First class all the way. And they have a brand new boat with a head on it, for the pee in wetsuit averse. I enjoyed diving the Antilla and Debbie II wrecks the most.

Guppy
    I used Red Sail Sports alast time I was there and they were Ok but plan to use dive Aruba on our next trip. I have heard alot of good things about Clive on this and other boards.

TadPole
    we were there several years ago and dove with, I think, Caribbean Divers. Compared to some other parts of the Caribbean, I didn't think the diving was great, but not bad either. My wife did her OW check-out dives there and and it was a great experience for her.

Grouper
    Images
    are there any "must dive" spots? I am trying to plan my trip there in February.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information