Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: physical ?

TadPole

physical ?

Do you got to have a physical before you can get your PADI?Thanks,Mark

Shark Founding Member
    Simple answer is NO.

If you have a concern or question regarding your fitness prior to entering PADI training then I would get a doctor exam.

If in answering the pre-course work PADI physical form you indicate yes to some of the questions you will be asked to get a doctors ok/release to be accepted for training.
    PADI Divemaster, TDI Advanced Trimix

TadPole
    Thanks for the information. I am in good health just want to make sure before i get going. Thanks,Mark

Grouper
    I had to get a physical. Not for dive training but to make my wife feel better. Chest xray, stress test, lung function test, etc. I am in good shape just an old smoker. At least she fells better now.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Grouper
    If you answer yes to any of the medical questions then i believe the instructor will ask you to provide a physicians note saying that you are cleared for diving....but if you answer no to all the medical history questions then i believe that you are in the clear....unless you want a physical...

Grouper

No physical but it couldn't hurt

When we signed on to take courses with our instructor we had to sign a medical release form. And she wont let us do any water work if we are unwell. My wife being a diabetic had to have a note form her doctor saying she was fit so she had to have a general physical.
    Other than that we didnt have to have any. But it really couldn't hurt to make sure there isn't anything that could be a problem, Like going to the dentist so a cavity doesnt expand and blow a tooth. Just a smart idea.

jimmy

Barracuda Founding Member
    For PADI you have to fill out a medical form and if you answer yes to any of the questions you need a doctor to sign off.

TadPole
    Quote Originally Posted by comet24 View Post
    For PADI you have to fill out a medical form and if you answer yes to any of the questions you need a doctor to sign off.
    Thanks for the information.

Banned
    I'd say it really depends. For example, I'm learning Scuba at a college, and a medical is required whether or not you answered yes to any question. A real PITA, but well the upside is I do get credits for the class.

I would suggest an annual physical to anyone over a certain age or about to do a new activity. You get your car and gear serviced regularly, you should likely do the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information