Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: P90X

Barracuda Founding Member

Grouper Founding Member
    I know someone that just got it and is starting it. We'll see how it goes. When I went through the Connecticut Fire Academy, it seems that much of the PT stuff we did came from P90X. The whole program was based on muscle confusion and maintaining a quick pace. During the 15 weeks I was there my weight stayed within a few pounds, but everyone commented that I looked like I had dropped about 20 pounds while I was there. All of my clothes fit quite a bit looser too to say the least. It seems like a good program and one that I've given some thought to trying. Another one that's good if you can get into some of the routines is crossfit (Welcome to CrossFit: Forging Elite Fitness). I know people who have done that and seen significant gains. Like anything else though when it comes to training, diet is an integral part of your routine.

Shane

Grouper
    It is really difficult. I would imagine that the results would be phenomenal. I just have to figure out how to stick with it...

Muscle confusion does not sound too fun... or good actually. How does making your body unaware of whats going on good? i've never see the P90X thing, but you know what... does not seem right to me.
    Circuit training is a better option in my opinion.
    Danilo

If anyone has the winning lottery numbers for next week, please send me a PM with those numbers.
    Thanks.
    -Black-Gorrilla!!

Train different muscles every workout, time after time. Never have to worry about plateauing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Black-Gorrilla View Post
    Muscle confusion does not sound too fun... or good actually. How does making your body unaware of whats going on good? i've never see the P90X thing, but you know what... does not seem right to me.
    So you have no idea what P90X is, but you consider circuit training better?

Got to love opinions based on not even bothering to understand the two options.

Oh, and what weight training regimen today does NOT use something like "muscle confusion" (i.e. attempts to avoid plateauing)?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Black-Gorrilla View Post
    So you have no idea what P90X is, but you consider circuit training better?

Got to love opinions based on not even bothering to understand the two options.

Oh, and what weight training regimen today does NOT use something like "muscle confusion" (i.e. attempts to avoid plateauing)?
    I've seen the ads(many many times), so i understand that they tell you to do something different all the time....
    Circuit training is very different from confusion... you do the routine for 2-3 weeks, then you switch it up to a new routine.
    Plateauing is inevitable, unless you add supplements... because no matter how much or even how you work out... you get to a point where your natural body can't develop further, so it's just a matter of time before anyone that does it all natural reaches the ultimate plateau.
    P90x is just another one of those TV gimmicks. you can't beat the good old fashion proven "PUT TIME IN AT THE GYM"
    Danilo

If anyone has the winning lottery numbers for next week, please send me a PM with those numbers.
    Thanks.
    -Black-Gorrilla!!

And you have come to this conclusion how? How is "putting time in at the gym" any better than this system? Read reviews of this system, almost ALL of them rave about it.

Grouper
    I did this last year Feb-Apr when I was on my lose 40 lbs and get in shape campaign. I ended up losing 35 lbs over four months and this program had a lot to do with it. It really burns some calories and tones you up. It doesn't really bulk you up like heavy lifting does, but it does harden and buff pretty well. It's definitely a 90 day wonder type thing though; after the three months I was so bored with with the video and the music, I never wanted to see it again. I spent the summer riding my bike twice a week and lifting twice a week, and never thought about the tape again.

That said, I have fallen off the wagon this winter and reverted to my old couch-potato ways and I am pulling out the video this month to do it for at least 6 weeks to get my exercise regimen jump-started again. It really is a good routine for that.

Now a few words from the full-disclosure and truth-in-advertising department:

1. You have to be comitted to get over the startup hump with this thing, the first two weeks are Painfull ( sort of like the zero the 5K in 8 weeks running program)

2. You really have to be motivated and push to do as many reps as fast as you can, or the results will be nothing like they claim (but if you do push, it really does what it claims)

3. After a couple of weeks, it is boring/tedious and you begin to hate all the overly positive, upbeat people on the video.

Quote Originally Posted by FishFood View Post
    And you have come to this conclusion how? How is "putting time in at the gym" any better than this system? Read reviews of this system, almost ALL of them rave about it.
    if you go to the gym, and do what you are supposed to... you get results.
    if you buy the dvd, and do what you are supposed to, im sure you get results, but how many times can you do the same routine?
    Danilo

Thanks.
    -Black-Gorrilla!!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information