Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to Stay in Cozumel

TadPole

Where to Stay in Cozumel

Hi there,
    My wife and I are considering going to Cozumel for the first time in March. We would prefer to be within walking distance to town or at least be near a few restaurants. It would be nice to have decent snorkeling by the place and a good pool. On-site or very close bar/restaurant is important, we want to be able to have an afternoon marg! We aren't really into the big resort AI thing. One place we have our eye on is Caribe Blu. Anything else we should be considering?
    Thanks in advance!
    Jeremy

i've stayed at caribe blu once. loved it. wonderful evenings sitting on the balcony relaxing in the evenings. it should be even better now that the new owners have upgraded some stuff.

stayed at villa blanca (superior room) on the 1st floor. room was big but dark. didn't like it at all.

Grouper Founding Member
    We were just that Caribe Blue a few weeks back. It was our first stay and I'll go back again.

To get all the way to the square, it is about a 30 minute walk, we did that nearly every night and it was very pleasant. It is about a 10 minute walk to the outskirts of town. There is a great little lunch spot about 4-5 minutes away from the hotel -- can't remember the name, but you can't miss it as you walk North from the hotel; it is the only thing between the hotel and the light house
    Tom

Guppy
    Images
    We stayed at Caribe Blu last month and do recommend it. Not too expensive, clean and friendly with a nice location and a great dive op on premises. The shore dive is pretty nice there as well.

The upper rooms have balconies and nice views but are noisier than first floor. First floor rooms are quieter and have nice patio space, but lack the privacy of the upper floors.

We've stayed in both and prefer the first floor: Less hassle carrying gear, nice to just walk out through the SGD right to the pool/dock, and the patio is great for socializing.
    Daz
    PADI OWSI 36241 (ret)

TadPole
    I've stayed at the Villa Blanca. I thought it was a decent room for the price. One downside is that there was VERY limited places to hang gear to dry.

There is a Dive Paradise shop and pier directly across the street. It was nice to be able to walk to the boat. There is also a bar with pretty darn good margs across the street.

The only down side is that it is about a 20 minute walk into town...
    Last edited by TxFltMedic; 02-04-2009 at 10:59. Reason: additional information

Barracuda Founding Member
    I have stayed at Hotel Cozumel a number of times and liked it.

They have the largest pool on the island and is a short walk to town.

The snorkeling off the resort isn't very good. I find it to be much better off Margaritaville or down by Casa Del Mar, the other place we stay but is further south, closer to the international pier.

Guppy
    We stayed at the occidental Grand a few years ago and really liked it. good dive OP, but I'm not sure about activities/distance to things outside of the resort.
    Occidental Grand Cozumel, All Inclusive Mexico Resort

Grouper
    Caribe Blue has new prices for their package, which now includes lunches at the hotel. The fried fish and quesadillas are great.

TadPole
    I just got back in town and wanted to say thanks for the tips so far. We're still sorting thing out, so keep 'em coming.

Thanks!
    Jeremy

TadPole
    Check out Scuba Club Cozumel. Best Dive op great food all included. It's a dive resort so not alot of extras but makes the the price hard to beat. Close to downtown right on ocean with great views. Check out their site and reviews. Cozumel Scuba Diving at Scuba Club Cozumel Dive Resort and Scuba Cozumel Dive Shop
    Stayed there last Nov for week of great Diving.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information