Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bare Next Gen Drysuit

TadPole

Bare Next Gen Drysuit

I am looking at getting a Bare Next Gen drysuit. What do you guys know about them. I can't find any bad reviews on them but you can't just take their web pages word of it.

Thanks

Images
    I have never used one. I looked at them, but went with the Pinnicle Evo 2. MM2002 purchased one and after diving other suits he was selling his Bare. It might have been the fit for him. You should PM him and I'm sure he would give you his thoughts and he might even have it still available for sale.

Snagel

Guppy
    Sardis Lake, Mississippi (formerly from Memphis, TN)
    I have one and like it. That being said, I got a real good deal on it with hood, boots, p-valve etc. If I had been paying full price for one, it probably would have been a DUI or a Whites, but that's just me.
    Last edited by Don Wray; 02-04-2009 at 09:07.
    Best Regards; Don Wray
    PADI MSDT;EFR/CFC/AED

Shark Founding Member
    I have heard good things about them from people that dive them, but I personally have not dove one... I would think for general OW diving they would be more than fine for. If you intend on doing much wreck or cave diving I think that there are better suits...

Fit is extremely important no matter what suit you buy, so keep that in mind...

Phil
    For current Midwest Diving Conditions go to www.midwestmuckdiving.com. They cannot be current unless you help. Please post any updates that you may have for whatever quarry or lake you just came out of...

http://forum.scubatoys.com/dry-suits...it-review.html

There's an older thread on them. I was all lined up to buy one, then found a great deal on a Mobby's used suit that I couldn't pass up.

Grand Master Spammer
    Quote Originally Posted by snagel View Post
    I have never used one. I looked at them, but went with the Pinnicle Evo 2. MM2002 purchased one and after diving other suits he was selling his Bare. It might have been the fit for him. You should PM him and I'm sure he would give you his thoughts and he might even have it still available for sale.

Snagel

Yes I sold mine after trying some "other" suits. I can't blame it on the Nex Gen though, I honestly think it was a poor fit.
    I sold it to a guy a Ginnie Springs, and as far as I know he loves it. It was too tight on me, he's smaller than me, and so you get the picture. Damn well made suit though, especially for the price. Unfortunately, I'm diving in warmer waters now so I really don't need a drysuit. I am, however, about ready for a new 3mm suit. I've about worn my old one out. Damn, there goes another 79 bucks. Diving is expensive.
    Diving is safe.....People are dangerous!

Barracuda
    Joplin, MO-10 Miles from Blue Water Lake (AKA ORONOGO)
    Quote Originally Posted by mm2002 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snagel View Post

Snagel

Yes I sold mine after trying some "other" suits. I can't blame it on the Nex Gen though, I honestly think it was a poor fit.
    I sold it to a guy a Ginnie Springs, and as far as I know he loves it. It was too tight on me, he's smaller than me, and so you get the picture. Damn well made suit though, especially for the price. Unfortunately, I'm diving in warmer waters now so I really don't need a drysuit. I am, however, about ready for a new 3mm suit. I've about worn my old one out. Damn, there goes another 79 bucks. Diving is expensive.
    Did you move out of the Show Me state?
    PADI Dive Master, Master Diver, and Cavern. SDI Solo Diver. DSAT Tec 50. TDI Trimix.

Grand Master Spammer
    Quote Originally Posted by DivingCRNA View Post
    Did you move out of the Show Me state?

Yes brother. I guess you don't have to show me anymore!
    (only thing I miss is my diving bro's and sis's. Makes me sad)
    Diving is safe.....People are dangerous!

TadPole

Next Gen dry suit

I bought one of these after looking at a number of dry suits...mainly because of the price.

It is a bi-laminate suit instead of a tri-laminate suit. I tried on a DUI at my LDS and it was nice...but a lot heavier (weight-wise) than the Next Gen.

I bought an XL, and I am 6'1" and about 210-215. I really like it, but we dove New Years Day and I had three layers on underneath to keep warm and noticed that i had a problem venting. Turns out the undergarments were too bulky and restricting the venting.

Since I bought it, I've added dry gloves...now I really like it. That being said, I only dive open water with it. As some others have mentioned, for wreck or cave diving, you might consider a heavier duty material.

All in all, I would get another one. Good quality, good price and good fit. Also, they come with a lifetime warranty against leaks (except for normal wear items).

John

Barracuda
    Images

Lightbulb

Agree with all that was said. Dove mine again today. Like it alot as it dries really quick and is lightweight. Think about a bit larger size as you do have to wear alot more than you would in a neo suit. Wish the purge was a bit farther back on the arm. But the suit seems to work well. Look for a great deal and/or ask at ST. I got a hecka deal on "last years" suit, suspenders, boots and dry gloves, you probably can as well.

The other other thing to think about is buying a used suit off Craigs List. With the downturn I have seen many more suits and much lower prices. We bought a DUI 350 in great shape for $200, but that was a fantastic deal. If you go the used route don't be afraid to make a lower than asking offer. Only buy a suit in excellent condition, others will come along if you don't see one that will work for you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information