Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: single again!!

Grouper

single again!!

well fellas im single again. im sure at 37 i should be ready to settle down but im glad to be single again! my friends tell me i just havent found the right one and im sure they are right. tell me what ya'll think. i had a dive planned and she wanted me to change my plans the week of the dive, dont get me wrong i would have if there was a reason but she wanted me to stay with her just cuz she wanted me to. i kind of felt like she was trying to control me. was i being to selfish? i know it would be much easier if i found one that was a diver.

Barracuda Founding Member
    i know it would be much easier if i found one that was a diver.
    So then you've figured everything out. What's the problem?

Go cruise the local dive spot for chicks.

Grouper
    ooooo..... hey.... I'm 37 and single...... tell me, do you do deco?

(oops - sorry! Just realized I'm in the GUY's area....I'll go back to my side of the forum!)
    Same Planet...Different World....
    I've dived and gone to heaven

Long Tailed Thresher Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnwill36 View Post
    well fellas im single again. im sure at 37 i should be ready to settle down but im glad to be single again! my friends tell me i just havent found the right one and im sure they are right. tell me what ya'll think. i had a dive planned and she wanted me to change my plans the week of the dive, dont get me wrong i would have if there was a reason but she wanted me to stay with her just cuz she wanted me to. i kind of felt like she was trying to control me. was i being to selfish? i know it would be much easier if i found one that was a diver.
    Sorry to step into man land, but I agree, it was petty for her to ask you to change your dive plans if there was nothing that she needed you for at home (family things, kids, whatever). To me, if I had a spouse who had a healthy habit that involved some exercise, I'd be very supportive of them continuing to do it especially if it wasn't taking away from some critical responsibility.

Sounds like you and Vegas need to meet! If you think you can keep up with her.

Shark
    Images
    To put it into perspective you dont need a partner who dives so long as you have one that understands your passion for diving. My wife cat dive due to inner ear issues however she not only supports my love of diving but encourages it as well. The way she sees it when I am happy she is happy and vise versa. Dont rule someone out just because they dont dive. Rule them because they are manipulative, needy or just plane not right for you! Good luck........

Barracuda
    Hey Shawn,

Sorry to hear that you are single again. You are relieved because it wasn't the right person. Once you have had time to stew on this, I'm sure you will find other warning signals than just this example.

I understand Riley's point - support and understanding go a long way. However, if diving is a passion, and it is something you see yourself prioritizing finances, travel, and other decisions around, then a diver with the same level (or an enthusiastic level) of passion for diving can only be a win-win. You will have a buddy and a wonderful partner who you can share things with.

Okay, enough Mush for the post.

Have yourself a selfish moment, go on the dive, enjoy yourself and look forward to your next encounter.

Lulu is gonna be all over this one
    No one has ever retold valiant stories of logic - for all good stories are driven by emotion and the spirit.

Long Tailed Thresher Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by gNats View Post
    Hey Shawn,

Sorry to hear that you are single again. You are relieved because it wasn't the right person. Once you have had time to stew on this, I'm sure you will find other warning signals than just this example.

I understand Riley's point - support and understanding go a long way. However, if diving is a passion, and it is something you see yourself prioritizing finances, travel, and other decisions around, then a diver with the same level (or an enthusiastic level) of passion for diving can only be a win-win. You will have a buddy and a wonderful partner who you can share things with.

Okay, enough Mush for the post.

Have yourself a selfish moment, go on the dive, enjoy yourself and look forward to your next encounter.

Lulu is gonna be all over this one
    Naaah, no need gnats. I just hate it when people henpeck their spouses about hobbies that are good for them. It can work just fine regardless of whether or not a partner is a diver. My brother played college b ball. He likes to play in a gym league and gets all kinds of grief about it. It is the only exercise he does. If he was my husband, I'd be kicking him out the door to do it.

I claim the single life, shawnwill, once you get used to it it is terrific!

Grouper

OK to change plans!

Quote Originally Posted by Lulubelle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnwill36 View Post
    well fellas im single again. . . . . . tell me what ya'll think. i had a dive planned and she wanted me to change my plans the week of the dive, dont get me wrong i would have if there was a reason . . . ..
    . . . . it was petty for her to ask you to change your dive plans . . . . . .

Sounds like you and Vegas need to meet! If you think you can keep up with her.

Thanks LuLu! lol...
    Call me demanding, but I find NOTHING wrong with changing dive plans in the middle of the week for your lady!

....sometimes it gets windy here - so we change the plan!! Instead of 35 minutes at 160' in wreck alley...we might change to 25 minutes at 175' in black canyon.

You just have to be flexible!

....and here's a tip....when this lady says she wants "undergarments" for valentine's day...she's talking about Weezle, not Victoria's Secret! (Well, Ok, maybe both)

Same Planet...Different World....
    I've dived and gone to heaven

Barracuda
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulubelle View Post
    Naaah, no need gnats. I just hate it when people henpeck their spouses about hobbies that are good for them. It can work just fine regardless of whether or not a partner is a diver. My brother played college b ball. He likes to play in a gym league and gets all kinds of grief about it. It is the only exercise he does. If he was my husband, I'd be kicking him out the door to do it.

I claim the single life, shawnwill, once you get used to it it is terrific!
    Lulu - how the heck did I lob one over your head - you self-proclaimed matchmaker!

hahahahaha - any lower and I would have nicked your nose.

Nope GF - I meant you would be finding a reason to get Shawn and Vegas at the same dive site.

No one has ever retold valiant stories of logic - for all good stories are driven by emotion and the spirit.

think about all the money you can spend on yourself shawn! I think you should get yourself something very special for valentines day this year

brett

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information