Grand Poobah Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod

Dive Alert Plus

Dive Alert Plus

Dive Alert Plus reviews and discounts, Ideations

Direct to the VR Spin File of the Dive Rite Compass: Dive Alert Plus

Grouper Founding Member
    Images
    This is a GREAT product! I bought one from scubatoys when it first came out. During a dive in the Philippines last June, the current shifted in the middle of the dive and we came up out of position. We were in heavy swells and the boat was at least a half mile away. They could hear my Dive Alert Plus no problem!

Also a great attention-getter underwater as well. Everyone should get one
    Bill
    Just killing time during my surface interval ;-)
    "If it's too cold for a 3mm, it's cold enough for a drysuit!"

Building an above and below "honker" into a single product seems like a pretty good idea to me. Not much more than a single above or below one as well.

Grouper
    If using the Dive Alert Plus with an Octo/Inflator (I have a Zeagle), do any modifications need to be made to the inflator or corrugated hose?

Barracuda Founding Member
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by russp View Post
    If using the Dive Alert Plus with an Octo/Inflator (I have a Zeagle), do any modifications need to be made to the inflator or corrugated hose?
    No. It connects to the LP hose, not the corrugated hose. It does get a little crowded with the Dive Alert attached. The nice thing about this product, is that it swivels 180 degrees. If I have it attached to my Octo/ Inflator, I actually flip it upside down, so that it is not in the way of the inflator.

Grouper
    Images
    I have one and it is the one product I've bought that I'm glad I've never had to use. I did use the under water "Honk" once or twice to get my buddy's attention, and once on the surface (on dry land) I accidently blasted the horn - My ear was ringing ! It does take up about an inch or two which causes your LP inflator hose to bow out a bit (I haven't looked into shorter hoses - Its really not a problem)

All in all a great product to have ..... just in case

Barracuda
    Quote Originally Posted by russp View Post
    You have to make sure you order the one that's appropriate for the octo/inflator you're using DP-2X fits Zeagle as well as most octo/inflators. Not the standard.

DP-3X fits Atomics, Scubapro and Tusa.

Hope this helps.
    3/4 of the Earth are covered by water and 1/4 by land. Clearly God intended us to spend 3 times as much time fishing and diving than mowing the lawn. - Wiz

Grouper
    I understand the safety aspect to having the air horn, but what really peaks my curiosity is the 'sub duck'
    I hate having to bang on my tank (just an awkward movement) to get my buddy's attention, and sometimes my tank banger isn't loud enough to do the job. Is the sub duck any better or is it just something else to clutter up the hose?

The Dive Alert Plus does the same thing the Sub Duck does as well as being an above water horn. It is both.

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by CPTOZZY View Post
    I have one and it is the one product I've bought that I'm glad I've never had to use. I did use the under water "Honk" once or twice to get my buddy's attention, and once on the surface (on dry land) I accidently blasted the horn - My ear was ringing ! It does take up about an inch or two which causes your LP inflator hose to bow out a bit (I haven't looked into shorter hoses - Its really not a problem)

All in all a great product to have ..... just in case
    That's the kind of thing I was wondering with my octo/inflator hose but if you go with the shorter hose, I'd think you'd have a problem if you needed to take the dive alert off due to a malfunction.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information