Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Acid reflux at depth? Anyone?

Long Tailed Thresher Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by palmboy View Post
    I get this all the time, bio filter? please explain who makes them how much and are they compatible with mares proton ice?
    Apollo Bio Filter reviews and discounts, Apollo

Apollo's patented moisture system can now be added to almost any brand regulator. The Apollo Bio Filter is easy to install, use, and maintain. The moisture system assures clean moisturized air.

If your reg uses standard 1st stage threads order the 3/8 thread version. If your 1st stage hose uses the larger 1/2 inch size (Mares Abyss, US Divers, etc) order the 1/2 size. Then you simple screw it into first stage port and hook up your reg hose. The rubber shock mount will stop unit from getting jarred and the easy to open chamber requires no tools - just your hands.

Just add some water to the sponge and screw it back together and increase the humidity of the air you're breathing to 60% - instead of the .1% you're used to!
    Is this something that should be installed by a qualified service technician (for those of us who do not know how to repair our own equipment) or is it meant to be user installed?

Do you personally find that it makes a big difference?

Shark
    I've got acid reflux, was on Nexium, now self medicating with Rantinodine 150 mg OTC. Always get major heartburn while diving, and have even harked up after a couple of dives. Thought it was just me. And I have the weak core muscles mentioned previously.

It's only impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by inventor View Post
    I've got acid reflux, was on Nexium, now self medicating with Rantinodine 150 mg OTC. Always get major heartburn while diving, and have even harked up after a couple of dives. Thought it was just me. And I have the weak core muscles mentioned previously.

You might be better off with the OTC prilosec than with ranitidine inventor. Better acid blockade. I take ranitidine occasionally, always when diving, but it is enough. If you are having breakthrough symptoms, try the prilosec. If you have prescription coverage, go there, it will be cheaper for you.

Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulubelle View Post

You might be better off with the OTC prilosec than with ranitidine inventor. Better acid blockade. I take ranitidine occasionally, always when diving, but it is enough. If you are having breakthrough symptoms, try the prilosec. If you have prescription coverage, go there, it will be cheaper for you.

Will do, Thanks!

It's only impossible.

Will do, Thanks!
    You are welcome. If you are goofy like me and want to know, ranitidine is in the class called H2 blockers. prilosec, nexium, etc are proton pump inhibitors. Doesn't mean that they are 'better', just that they block acid more completely. Stomach acid helps people absorb vitamins, digest food, etc, so you should use the one that does the job and no more. For me, ranitidine is fine.

Shark
    You are welcome. If you are goofy like me and want to know, ranitidine is in the class called H2 blockers. prilosec, nexium, etc are proton pump inhibitors. Doesn't mean that they are 'better', just that they block acid more completely. Stomach acid helps people absorb vitamins, digest food, etc, so you should use the one that does the job and no more. For me, ranitidine is fine.
    Yes on the goofy and want to know.

It's only impossible.

Yes on the goofy and want to know.
    I kind of figured. I'm the same, goofy is good.

Instructor, Technical & Cave Diver "Forum Admin" TommyB's Avatar
    Images
    Is this something that should be installed by a qualified service technician (for those of us who do not know how to repair our own equipment) or is it meant to be user installed?

Do you personally find that it makes a big difference?
    Pretty much if you can change a hose, you can add this in-line.
    Don't use it any more, due to diving past the depth rating of it.
    Tommy Burchfield Naui/TDI/SDI
    if ( $clue == \'none\' ) { read ( sig & avatar rules | forum rules ) && search ( forums | google ) }
    if ( $answer == 0 ){ post->question }

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information