Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DIR Gear set-up Links.

Grouper Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BouzoukiJoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdEye View Post
    oh, I was thinking at depth...in an OOA situation that would require an emergency buoyant ascent...I'm not sure what the DIR take on that is...
    Don't go OOA at depth. It's very bad form. It requires multiple mistakes on your part for an emergency buoyant ascent to be a consideration.

hey man...i'm PADI certified....I haven't gotten to the Avoiding OOA at Depth specialty course yet, so I'm covering my ass

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyN View Post
    Most tech divers I know don't have weights because their tanks is already weighted along with the backplate, stage bottle, canister light, and etc. The ones I know that uses a weight belts are the heavy belt guys but even then they carry maybe about 10 lbs or something.
    You realize that as you add more stage bottles you actually have to ADD more weight to your belt, not take it off, correct (assuming for gas needs that they aren't ditchable, and if they are, in that case, they can't help with weighting to start)?

Weighting is primarily a function of undergarment choice. Most guys rocking the 400G will have some weight belt (or v-weight, etc) even with steel doubles and a steel plate.

Barracuda
    oh, I was thinking at depth...in an OOA situation that would require an emergency buoyant ascent...I'm not sure what the DIR take on that is...
    Don't go OOA at depth. It's very bad form. It requires multiple mistakes on your part for an emergency buoyant ascent to be a consideration.

hey man...i'm PADI certified....I haven't gotten to the Avoiding OOA at Depth specialty course yet, so I'm covering my ass
    Sorry, being a PADI trained diver isn't an excuse. There is one and only one excuse for OOA at depth and that is catastrophic gas loss due to unforseen gear failure. Everything else can and should be preventable irregardless of which agency trained you.

Grouper Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by in_cavediver View Post

Sorry, being a PADI trained diver isn't an excuse. There is one and only one excuse for OOA at depth and that is catastrophic gas loss due to unforseen gear failure. Everything else can and should be preventable irregardless of which agency trained you.

I'm beginning to wonder if wanting to be a tech diver means having to turn in my sense of humor...

jebus...I had a very simple question about a weight belt....

Barracuda
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainer View Post
    You realize that as you add more stage bottles you actually have to ADD more weight to your belt, not take it off, correct (assuming for gas needs that they aren't ditchable, and if they are, in that case, they can't help with weighting to start)?

Weighting is primarily a function of undergarment choice. Most guys rocking the 400G will have some weight belt (or v-weight, etc) even with steel doubles and a steel plate.
    No, I haven't taken the tech course yet so I don't know anything about weights with stage bottles.
    Now a trimix diver!

Shark
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by in_cavediver View Post

I'm beginning to wonder if wanting to be a tech diver means having to turn in my sense of humor...

jebus...I had a very simple question about a weight belt....
    Dont worry I was right there with ya! Then again I dont have a tech cert (yet)

Barracuda Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainer View Post
    Um, he doesn't have one. What's your point?
    well, it's a photo that's meant to illustrate how everything is to be worn, so I'd expect to see some weights somewhere in there.
    I agree that i'd be nice to have a photo with a weight belt in there as well.
    Danilo

If anyone has the winning lottery numbers for next week, please send me a PM with those numbers.
    Thanks.
    -Black-Gorrilla!!

Banned
    Hint: Imagine putting on a weight belt first, then everything you see.

Grouper Founding Member
    crap...somehow i ended up with this weight belt where my crotch strap should be....this just ain't workin out...I can't do anything without pictures

Banned

(I still have my sense of humor.)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information