Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion - create a forum guidelines 'sticky'

Barracuda

Suggestion - create a forum guidelines 'sticky'

Just a suggestion to our more active DIR divers - create a forum guidelines thread that can be 'stickied' to the top. I strongly recommend against the draconian one the other board uses but something would be good to explain why this specific sub-forum exists. We have played well together for quite a while so it need not be to over the top.

Barracuda Founding Member
    I agree. If someone with knowledge will take some time to write it up it would be very helpful.
    Danilo

If anyone has the winning lottery numbers for next week, please send me a PM with those numbers.
    Thanks.
    -Black-Gorrilla!!

Banned
    A first attempt. Please post feedback:

1) This sub-forum was created in order to have a space where ideas and practices centered around DIR could be discussed. This area is for those wanting to understand the DIR perspective on diving. If you're not interested in DIR answers, or would prefer answers not limited to DIR, please post in another part of the forum.

2) While this sub-forum is a great place to discuss DIR diving, realize that DIR discussion is not limited only to this sub-forum.

3) Learning to dive over the internet is not smart. While forums such as this are a great place to discuss diving, they are no substitute for good training. You will learn more about DIR from a quality DIR instructor or mentor than you will sitting at your keyboard.

4) As with any sub-forum, trolling here is not acceptable. This is not a place for agency or diver bashing.
    Last edited by Rainer; 04-02-2009 at 13:03. Reason: Spelling...

Quote Originally Posted by Rainer View Post
    A first attempt. Please post feedback:

1) This sub-forum was created in order to have a space where ideas and practices centered around DIR could be discussed. This area is for those wanting to understand the DIR perspective on diving. If you're not interest in DIR answers, or would prefer answers not limited to DIR, please post in another part of the forum.

2) While this sub-forum is a great place to discuss DIR diving, realize that DIR discussion is not limited only to this sub-forum.

3) Learning to dive over the internet is not smart. While forums such as this are a great place to discuss diving, they are no substitute for good training. You will learn more about DIR from a quality DIR instructor or mentor than you will sitting at your keyboard.

4) As with any sub-forum, trolling here is not acceptable. This is not a place for agency or diver bashing.
    Short and to the point.

Barracuda
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainer View Post
    1) This sub-forum was created in order to have a space where ideas and practices centered around DIR could be discussed. This area is for those wanting to understand the DIR perspective on diving. If you're not interested in DIR answers, or would prefer answers not limited to DIR, please post in another part of the forum.
    Great start - hows this slight mod;

This sub-forum was created in order to have a space where ideas and practices centered around the DIR approach to diving can be discussed. This area is specific to the DIR approach and perspective. If you are looking for a more generalized answer encompassing more than the DIR perspective, please post the quesion in other more pertitinet areas of the discussion board.

Banned
    Sounds good to me.

Moderator Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    When y'all get done revising, shoot me a pm and we'll make it sticky
    If I can't scuba then what's this whole thing about, what am I working toward? - Creed "The Office"

Banned
    Let's give this a few days in case others have additional good comments, and we can shoot you a PM early next week.

Banned
    Done, can a Mod sticky the below?

---------

1) This sub-forum was created in order to have a space where ideas and practices centered around the DIR approach to diving can be discussed. This area is specific to the DIR approach and perspective. If you are looking for a more generalized answer encompassing more than the DIR perspective, please post the question in other more pertinent areas of the discussion board.

Barracuda
    I like it...gets my vote.
    NAUI Instructor, NAUI Trimix Diver

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information