Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stressed out about Dive Tables

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnvip View Post
    I learned on and always used the tables. But my two sons just got certified this summer and part of their package was this little calculator thing called a RDP (recreational dive planner i think). No tables as such, just plug in the numbers, even for multiple dives, and it spits out NDLs, etc. Personally, I like the tables better since they their batteries don't run out.
    They also don't get smashed to bits if you step on them. Or drop a tank on them. And they're 100% waterproof, instead of "splash-proof".

Not a fan of the new PADI calculators, here.

PADI's tables are all called RDP's. There's the RDP table, the RDP wheel, the eRDP calculator, and now the eRDPml multilevel calculator.

I think people are better served by the straight tables, and eventually, a dive computer. If you want a handy calculator to run tables, however, and have an iPhone or iPod Touch, there's a great app for that.

Shark
    I am getting my cert next month and plan to get a computer when i buy my gear during or shortly after. But i also plan on doing the tables. Better of safe the dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by CompuDude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnvip View Post
    I learned on and always used the tables. But my two sons just got certified this summer and part of their package was this little calculator thing called a RDP (recreational dive planner i think). No tables as such, just plug in the numbers, even for multiple dives, and it spits out NDLs, etc. Personally, I like the tables better since they their batteries don't run out.
    They also don't get smashed to bits if you step on them. Or drop a tank on them. And they're 100% waterproof, instead of "splash-proof".

Not a fan of the new PADI calculators, here.

PADI's tables are all called RDP's. There's the RDP table, the RDP wheel, the eRDP calculator, and now the eRDPml multilevel calculator.

I think people are better served by the straight tables, and eventually, a dive computer. If you want a handy calculator to run tables, however, and have an iPhone or iPod Touch, there's a great app for that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information