Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noob diver questions

Grouper Founding Member
    Did you take your class through Scuba Toys? I see your location as being the UK.

Although I think this is true of my open-water classes, I can only speak for my class with Scuba Toys; they provided all necessary equipment for my open-water divers other than mask, fins and snorkel.

Tom

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    ScubaToys should be able to handle all of your diving equipment needs for year to come.

Grouper Founding Member
    Images
    They will have the same stuff you used in the pool, BCD, reg, weights and tank for the lake. You will need to pick them up Friday from the store. If you have decided on buying some of the equipment, go ahead and do it. I've used all mine stuff for the pool but the tank.

I'll suggest to you getting dive computer. I don't think we'll use it for the check dive but it will be so handy later.

Are you going this weekend for your checkout dives? If so, well be doing it together.

P.S. Which team do you follow in the Premiership?

Grouper Founding Member
    Bring your own swim trunks............lol ST would not provide that
    <DIV>You should be fine, like everybody said, pick up your gear day before your checkout dive and have fun......... goodluck and let us know how your check out dives go.</DIV>

Grouper Founding Member
    Do you still have to pick gear up from the store? Now that the pavillion is open at Clear Springs I thought they would be storing a lot of the rental/class gear out there.
    Moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty.

Grouper Founding Member
    Images
    At least you would have to pick up the tank. I took the OW class this past weekend where I used my own gear, just got a tank from ST. This monday I had to return it to the store. Which leads me to think they will keep the tanks there. The instructor, however, asked the rest to leave their regs and BC's at the pavilion. You may want to check with the store.

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    Images
    You have to pickup wetsuit and weights/weightbelt from the store. Although, they may have some weights at the pavillion storage locker.
    rick

TadPole
    A question I can never seem to find the answer to. What should you use as a dive log? Any notebook an pen or do you actually have to buy a specific log? Probably a dumb question to some [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img] but I can't find this anywhere!

Grouper Founding Member
    Images
    I'm using similar to this one.

Grouper Founding Member

I keep on online log book at diverecord.com. But my fiance prefers to keep a written log book. It's all about prefrence. The written book is easier to take places.

Shane

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information