Thread: Tusa Zen (IQ 900)

Grouper

Tusa Zen (IQ 900)

I haven't been able to find much info on this new computer. help?

I don't believe the IQ-900 is available yet. I would think that European or Asian websites would have something on it. Quick search and I found it at ¼ç¤ô¥Î«~±M½æ©±-Scuba Equipment.

It looks a lot smaller than the IQ-800. You could probably wear it at a wrist watch out of the water. It does not have the vibrate alarm. For around $370 you can get the computer and $900 you can get the air integrated version.

Here is what TUSA has on it:

Technology
    1. Advanced 2 gas wrist-top computer
    2. Air, Nitrox, Gauge, Free Dive and Watch Modes
    3. Manual or Water-Activation
    4. Audible and flashing Icon Alarms
    5. Alphanumeric and Backlit Display
    6. Advanced user safety settings and options
    7. Deep Stop Feature and Safety Stop

The IQ-900 ZEN wrist-top instrument features a deep stop function for additional safety. The deep stop mode is activated when a dive exceeds 80 FT (24M) for more than 1 second. Upon ascent past 50 FT (15M), the computer will display a Deep Safety Stop screen and the recommended stop at 40 FT (12M) for a period of 2 minutes. This deep stop is highly recommended as additional opportunity to off-gas, but is not mandatory. If the diver chooses not to serve the stop it will not adversely affect the remaining No-Decompression Limits of the dive.

Deep Stop Features:

• Activated when depth becomes greater than 80 FT (24 M) for more than 1 second
    • Deep Stop screen appears upon ascent(s) to 50 FT (15 M)
    • Stop Time displayed as min:sec, counting down from 02:00 to 0:00
    • Stop Depth/Time fixed at 40 FT (12 M) for 2 minutes
    • Deep Stop feature is disabled upon entry into Decompression Mode
    • The Deep Stop feature is recommended for additional safety, but is not mandatory

8. User-replaceable battery with hot-swap
    9. Modified Haldanean 12 compartment algorithm
    10. PC Download and upload settings with TUSA Datalog Interface

Not a lot more out there on it. You might want to see if you can find archives on the DEMA show. They might have had it there but maybe it didn't make it.

Grouper
    Any user feedback for this dive com?
    “From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders.. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free" -- Cousteau

Grouper
    No one owns this DC??
    “From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders.. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free" -- Cousteau

Megalodon
    Images
    As luck would have it, ST has it and according to the site, is in stock. $369.95. I like the features but as of right now, I don't need a new computer so it hasn't been on my radar. It does look nice though....

TUSA IQ 900 Zen Nitrox Dive Computer reviews and discounts, Tusa

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Grouper
    Yup I saw it on ST's website.
    The issue for me is should there be any problems with it, where do I get it serviced. (i'm from Singapore)

Quote Originally Posted by Lj82 View Post
    Yup I saw it on ST's website.
    The issue for me is should there be any problems with it, where do I get it serviced. (i'm from Singapore)
    I'm used to electronics coming out in Japan before most other places. Is this true for dive computers as well? Is there somewhere in Japan you could get it fixed?

Additionally, isn't Tabata (TUSA = Tabata USA) originally an Italian company. I think they were bought up by a Netherlands company or that might be just the distribution. Regardless, they should have support in places like Japan, Australia, etc.

The place I first found information on it was Taiwan.

Megalodon
    Images
    You've got Tabata deealers in Japan and Austrailia, so it's not too far away... Also looks like they are set up in Taiwan as well.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Grouper
    Hmm..I always thought Tabata is a Japanese name. Haha.
    Bizarre it may sound, but I think I would rather ship back to USA for servicing rather than Japan, Australia or Taiwan. Heck....Its actually cheaper for me to buy from ST than from countries nearby.

does anyone know what the face is made of? I have looked but thus far no joy. Cheers

Thread Information