Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oceanic VT3

Oceanic VT3

Looking at purchasing one of these this week. Any thoughts on this unit. The other unit is the Pro Plus 2 with compass. Information please

Shark Founding Member
    Well my wife has the VT pro (Older version of the VT3) and my buddy has the VT3 and both of them love them. I am thinking about getting the VT3 myself when I do decide to get a new computer. I like the alarms that can be set and the AI. Nice big display and easy to navigate.

Phil
    Last edited by skdvr; 08-23-2007 at 13:11. Reason: spelling

Grand Poobah Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    It's really the decision of do you need the multiple gas option, and do you like a console or a wrist unit.

I'm sure you will get a lot of comments out here - so I leave it up to our members to chime in with opinions, but if you want to talk about it with us, just give us a call and we can try to help you decide and get you a deal!

Thanks!

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    I bought the VT3, it's pretty much all the computer I'll ever need. I use two gas mixes right now and can see a third down the road so it's perfect for me.

I love the wireless AI, it's never failed on me, ever. It's so reliable that right now I don't even have an analog SPG hooked up. I will once I get my tanks O2 cleaned and add the H valve, but for now I don't worry at all about it, it's a great computer.

So IMO you can't go wrong with this one, it's everything a diver needs and then even more. It's easy to read at depth and at night the glow is very easy to use and read the gage by.

If you can afford it buy it. I like the wrist mount for what it's worth and maybe that's one reason I've never had a signal loss, it just can't get that far from the transmitter unless I meet up with an aggressive shark who's hungry.

If you buy it, download the beta software for it, and then get Ghost's divelog program and use it to print the log entries. I love his software.
    Matthew P. Cummings
    Moberly MO

Guppy Founding Member
    I bought the VT3 with the transmitter and I love it.

Grouper
    I considered buying one, great computer, but at the end I decided to go the no AI route, I will be able to buy two IQ700s for the price of a VT3, one for me one for my wife.
    If you want one and can afford the computer and transmitter at once you can always buy the computer and then add the sensor.

I am going to purchase a complete unit. Computer, transmitter, and usb cable. Thanks I will probably pick it up tomorrow.

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    That's the nice thing about the VT3. It comes complete, just add water. You won't regret buying it, and ST's price and support are top notch.
    Matthew P. Cummings
    Moberly MO

Grouper Founding Member
    Well I have the ProPlus II and love it. Havent used the VT3, might have to try it someday.
    "The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead." Albert Einstein

TadPole

Thumbs up

Bought two of them from ST(one for the wife and one for me) and love them. The alarms remind us rookies to look at them, and to heed the warnings. Enjoy downloading the dives afterward too. One minor issue, if you are a Mac person, they dont download to a Mac, but they work fine on the Wife's PC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information