Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody here dive the B29 in Lake Mead?

This looks pretty cool. I'm no where near ready to dive something like this. The TDL site indicates $300 for 1 dive and $450 for 2 dives. Interesting thing to note is the dive can be THREE hours dependent on gas. So if you can do a 3 hour deco dive it might be worth it. I typically get an hour on air and some guided dives cost me $100. If I'm willing to spend $100 for an hour dive why not $300 for a 3 hour dive. Mind you, the gas is extra.

So does this mean a full day, 2 dive could be SIX hours of diving?

How hard is it to get a 3 hour dive on a wreck at 130' using trimix? What about a rebreather?

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    You'd need a RB to hit 3 hours at 130', or a LOT of stage bottles. Not likely to happen on open circuit, even with trimix.

To the OP: Are you trying to do this as a recreational dive, or do you have tech certs for deco and trimix?

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by CompuDude View Post
    You'd need a RB to hit 3 hours at 130', or a LOT of stage bottles. Not likely to happen on open circuit, even with trimix.

To the OP: Are you trying to do this as a recreational dive, or do you have tech certs for deco and trimix?
    I gather he is Deco certified, but was asking about his wife which is not.

Quote Originally Posted by 68raggtop View Post
    ...If you have done the dive, would you recommend it? My wife isn't Deco certified, so are there any must see sites around Lake Mead that I could take her to?
    Thanks,
    Dave

Grouper
    Now that would be a really cool dive. I might have to put that on my list for years to come.

Barracuda Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Kazoo View Post
    It is at 129' now.

with global warming and the never ending decline of the river level, I'm just going to wait about 5 more years and do the $29.95 snorkel boat tour (includes a bus ride from Vegas and a free t-shirt).

Quote Originally Posted by MxDiver View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CompuDude View Post

I gather he is Deco certified, but was asking about his wife which is not.

Quote Originally Posted by 68raggtop View Post
    ...If you have done the dive, would you recommend it? My wife isn't deco certified, so are there any must see sites around Lake Mead that I could take her to?
    Thanks,
    Dave

Mxdiver is correct, I am deco and signed up for Trimix, waiting for the ice to melt. I am looking for other recreational level dives to take my wife on also, anywhere in that general area.

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_s View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Kazoo View Post
    It is at 129' now.

with global warming and the never ending decline of the river level, I'm just going to wait about 5 more years and do the $29.95 snorkel boat tour (includes a bus ride from Vegas and a free t-shirt).
    Nay, it would be $129.95. You forget the government has a finger in it.

Grouper
    Hello all
    It's been a while since I have visited the forum, due to other obligations. But today I read an article which reminded me of this thread, 6 years later is at 110'.
    Will we see the first recreational dives this year?
    http://theweek.com/articles/546353/t...ttom-lake-mead

Barracuda Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by navyhmc View Post
    As I recall, since the lake level is so low, it's not a deco/tech dive anymore. Is this still the case?

Last I heard from Joel it was about 120' so it's a recreation dive. Since it's a plane there is little to no relief on the dive so it will basically all be on the bottom.

Joel Silverstein at TDL is the man to talk to. He has dives setup already. Just find a day they are diving and have open spots.

I've wanted to dive it for years starting back when it was a real tec. dive but I just can't justify the price when you add in travel for me. Heck I can head down the NC for a few days for the cost of the trip from the east coast.

Still a cool wreck and if I was out that way I would consider paying the fee to dive it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information