Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a holes on the web

Grouper

a holes on the web

anyone ever wonder why there always has to be at least one a hole on the web. doesnt matter what is said, there is always one that is negative. one that has always done it better, being a critic towards everone else, or just an a hole. what ya'll think?

Grouper
    Images
    I think it's easy for improperly socialized people with attitude issues to hide behind a keyboard. Lack of accountability is a breeding ground for people like the ones you describe.

Shark Founding Member
    Enid, Oklahoma (no longer living the desert life)
    Images
    Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

In real life I can say "umm, ok. That's nice" and walk away. I try to be the bigger person and do that in the forums too. Sometimes others rudeness just really gets to me though.
    Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Barracuda
    its the internet and is pretty much anonimous I wouldnt worry too much about it, there will always be those people and every one has their internet persona.
    When you turn your air on does it return the favor?!
    "I'd rather die while im living, than live while I'm dead!" -Jimmy Buffett

Guppy
    it is the internet...for you to let it get to you, says a little bit about your own issues? you can always not engage in the nonsense

Megalodon
    Images
    Personally, I find that those types get moved on if the overall mood/concensus of a forum-such as Scuba toys for the unsolicited plug-is friendly and helpful. If the overall online community is one that will tolerate or encourage that type of negative behavior, it will drive off those who do not enjoy nor are comforatable with that type of internet poster.

This is one reason I like Scuba Toys. The forum is friendly, welcomes new members and more importantly new divers. (unsolicited ST plug #2 )

I have noted a few folks that come to the board, post a number of mean or rude comments either stop posting or get banned. I also know that on two occasions I have pm'd new memebers and appologised to a new poster about the comments made by another.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Shark
    In my experience, there are roughly equal numbers of a-holes and overly sensitive people who take every hint of criticism (however constructive it's intent) as a personal attack. There are also a lot of people out there who say negative things believing that they're either funny or instructive. It's a big world, and people have a lot of different communication styles. When people are being jerks on purpose, it's best not to encourage them by getting upset.

If you don't like what someone online has to say, or how they say it, try not to take it personally.
    Matt Silvia

Grouper
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by moabe View Post
    it is the internet...for you to let it get to you, says a little bit about your own issues? you can always not engage in the nonsense
    I agree that taking the high road is the best option but to let something like that effect you from time to time is a normal human response for some folks and not indicative of "issues". The issues lie with people who use the anonymity of the internet to be A holes with impunity. I believe that they reveal more about their true nature online than offiline.

Either way, Navy is spot on with his comments on the community policing itself. That's why the ST forum community is so great. (Shameless plug #3 )

Grouper
    An asshole....My wife will tell you I'm not like that just on the internet and I get even worse around all the other inconsiderate assholes when I'm in Walmart

Guppy
    Quote Originally Posted by nrembis View Post
    An asshole....My wife will tell you I'm not like that just on the internet and I get even worse around all the other inconsiderate assholes when I'm in Walmart

one mans asshole, is another mans "honeyhole"..you just have to find the right man....i believe in the "dont ask, dont tell" policy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information