Thread: Oceanic Geo OceanLog settings upload

TadPole

Oceanic Geo OceanLog settings upload

Hi all,

Just downloaded latest version of OceanLog and can't get it to upload settings to my Geo. A double check of Oceanic's FAQ says this capability isn't supported for Geos (and blames overenthusiatic dealers for spreading that rumor), buuuut the user manual clearly says it is, and I'm 90% sure I did it at least once with the older version that came on the disc with the unit.

Anybody else succeeding or failing with this?

I know, just re-install the old version and check, but it was buggy in other ways!

Megalodon
    Images
    I take it you downloaded Oceanlog 2.2.4? I haven't tried to download off my Geo yet. I will try and let you know.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Megalodon
    Images
    Went to the Oceanic wolrdwide website and they mention a problem with the downloading. Oceanic Worldwide - Owner Services - Software Has the information on it. Also there is a FAQ about it. Still haven't gotten to try a download yet

Megalodon
    Images
    I'm using a Compaqw Presario R3000 laptop with Windows XP OS. I downloaded the new Ocean Log and tried to connect with both my Pro Plus II and Geo. No problems with either. If fact, it seemed a little faster than 2.1.4.

I did notice that the little graphic to the right of the profile didn't show my Nitrox at 32% and for some reason, would not show a profile for a few dives but other than that, it's working well.

Grouper
    The latest version of Oceanlog is 2.2.5 build 4.08.09. It is listed as a beta but it fixes some bugs with the simulated dive computer LCD display and the graphing in Dive Details. I have been playing with it for a month and it doesn't seem to have introduced any new bugs over 2.2.4

TadPole
    Quote Originally Posted by navyhmc View Post
    I'm using a Compaqw Presario R3000 laptop with Windows XP OS. I downloaded the new Ocean Log and tried to connect with both my Pro Plus II and Geo. No problems with either. If fact, it seemed a little faster than 2.1.4.

I did notice that the little graphic to the right of the profile didn't show my Nitrox at 32% and for some reason, would not show a profile for a few dives but other than that, it's working well.

Agreed, downloading logs from the Geo seems to work just fine. I'm not talking about downloading, I'm talking about being able to configure all the settings on the PDC through the relatively easy PC interface rather than cycling through it all on the Geo. Then clicking "Upload Settings". It's mostly a convenience thing, but hey, I just want it to work properly.

FYI for everybody; here's the quote from Oceanic's FAQ. I think it's old info because the settings module has been integrated in to the Oceanlog interface for several versions now. But it concerns me cause it doesn't mention the Geo and the error message I get says something about "unsupported device"... Would they have downgraded the capability for the Geo?

MY DIVE STORE TOLD ME ABOUT AN "UPLOAD" FEATURE INCLUDED WITH THE NEW USB SOFTWARE PROGRAM THAT ALLOWS ME TO SET MY DIVE COMPUTER SETTINGS THROUGH MY PC. HOW DO I ACCESS THIS PROGRAM?
    The upload programs are separate from the download application - select Start/Programs/OceanLog/PDC Settings. The Settings Upload program is compatible with the Versa Pro 2.0, Pro Plus 2, VT Pro, ATOM 1/2, VEO 180/200/250, and VT3 only.

Megalodon
    Images
    Mea Culpa, sorry. I'll give that a try later.

TadPole

Remove & Replace the battery in the GEO and try it again

I had a similar issue with "unrecognized unit". After talking with a tech at Oceanic, he suggested removing the battery for a second and then replacing it (don't wait too long or you will lose all of your logged dives on the DC). I tried it and it worked. (since I had the unit open, I replaced the battery (was nearly a year old). Apparently there is some sort of a download flag that the DC has that can get mis-set, popping the battery resets it. Hope that works for you

Thread Information