Thread: Anybody use Dri Deck or other flooring on boat?

Grouper

Anybody use Dri Deck or other flooring on boat?

Anybody use Dri Deck or any other similiar material to cover the floor of your boat. I'm looking to cover my stern section where I have tanks being loaded.

I'm wondering if it works and does it scratch up fiberglass? Everything I have found is kind of pricey so if you know of any knock-offs I'd appreciate some pointers.

crosseyed95

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyed95 View Post
    Anybody use Dri Deck or any other similiar material to cover the floor of your boat. I'm looking to cover my stern section where I have tanks being loaded.

I'm wondering if it works and does it scratch up fiberglass? Everything I have found is kind of pricey so if you know of any knock-offs I'd appreciate some pointers.

crosseyed95
    Nemrod is who you need, he has it in his Whaler

Grouper
    I do have it in my Whaler to prevent tanks and weights from tearing up the deck. The stuff is fairly easy to work with. The company itself is great to deal with. The material has little stubs that hold the decking up so that debris can be washed from under without lifting the Dri-Dek, mostly this works but at least two or three times a season I lift the Dri-Dek up and give the boat deck a wash. No, it does not scratch the deck. The Dri-Dek material is relatively heavy which is what keeps it from lifting and sliding. I don't know how you would keep it down on a swim platform without using some type of fastener to prevent it from sliding off. I have noticed it can be be a little rough on the bare feet, not bad, but it certainly provides traction and my dogs loved it.

N

Grouper
    Take a look at Turtle Tile. Very similar to Dri-Dek but, it is less flexible. I have used both to line shelves of fire trucks. I preferred the turtle tile.

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    I do have it in my Whaler to prevent tanks and weights from tearing up the deck. The stuff is fairly easy to work with. The company itself is great to deal with. The material has little stubs that hold the decking up so that debris can be washed from under without lifting the Dri-Dek, mostly this works but at least two or three times a season I lift the Dri-Dek up and give the boat deck a wash. No, it does not scratch the deck. The Dri-Dek material is relatively heavy which is what keeps it from lifting and sliding. I don't know how you would keep it down on a swim platform without using some type of fastener to prevent it from sliding off. I have noticed it can be be a little rough on the bare feet, not bad, but it certainly provides traction and my dogs loved it.

N
    Nemrod,

Thanks for the reply.

crosseyed95

Grouper
    I couldn't edit my previous post

Here is the link for turtle tile - Welcome to Turtle Plastics

They show applications around pools & spas, showers, playgrounds.

You can also cut turtle tile on a table saw. It is more rigid thank dri deck and the edges do not roll/curl because there is more surface area touching the deck.

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post

N
    Nemrod,

I ordered my Dri-Dek on Monday and it was in my hands on Friday (quick delivery!!). Installation was a breeze.

Had the boat out all weekend and, as you stated, I had no lifting or sliding. Even better is that the wife loves it since she can now relax a little when moving her gear.

As I mentioned earlier, thanks for the helpful input.
    crosseyed95

Thread Information