Thread: Orbitz transportation rep at Cozumel

Grouper
    Images

Orbitz transportation rep at Cozumel

I arrived in Cozumel on May 23 and left May 30. I arrived at the airport at 11am was met by the Orbitz rep for the transportation (Mayaland tours). He told me he would be at the El Cozumeleno resort, Monday between 8:00am and 10:00am with my return vouchers to the airport. I told the guy that I needed him there at a later time because I would not be at the resort I would be diving at that time I had a 5 day dive package (the boat arrived back at the resort around 2pm), and the only day I would be there in the morning was Friday May 29. I went to the front desk and asked if there was and way I could contact the rep the clerk gave he his cell phone and said it is not a local number and the call will be charged to your bill. I didn't call. Friday comes and no rep.
    Saturday comes NO rep my flight was at 12:15pm. At 9:00am I got a taxi to take me to the airport (this is the second time this has happened to me). I asked the driver if he could find the guy from Orbitz he didn't, I had to pay 14 dollars for the cab fare ontop of the 28 dollars for the round trip transportation I paid for back in Febuary when I booked the trip.
    I arrive shortly after 9am and go to the Continental booth to check in and told that my flight goes not leave till 3:24pm. Comes to find out Continental changed my flight time did not make any attempt to call Orbitz so they could call the resort and notify me on the change. Oh, they called my cell phone and left a message but my phone was turned off since I left Houston on May 23, I didn't turn my phone on till I was in Okc at 9pm Saturday May 30 and saw I had several voice messages.

Shark Founding Member
    Enid, Oklahoma (no longer living the desert life)
    Images
    After reading the other Coz complaint, this seems to be becoming a problem down there.
    Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Grouper
    Images
    sorry to hear about your trouble with the shuttle service. I never pre-book my hotel/airport transfers. I've learned that it's usually cheaper to pay when you get there, at the very least it's the same price. Even if the shuttle is on time, they may need to stop at several resorts before hitting the airport. Once I leave the hotel I generally want to go right to the airport - not bounce around a few hotels. So - I always just catch a cab. 14 bucks cab fair sounds about right.

Also - on arriving to Cozumel, if it's just the wife and I, I'll forgo the shuttle all together and carry my luggage down the road 50 meters to the intersection in front of the airport and catch a cab. It can be an adventure as cabs aren't allowed to stop here and wait, but it's fun and you go straight to your hotel...

How was your diving? This was your first big warm clear water experience right?

Hope it was all you hoped for.

Ray

Guppy
    i think this is the part were everyone calls you a dummmy for being a tourist...because it certainly could not have been the people's fault that you paid to do the job in the first place...I feel your pain

Barracuda
    You and Moabe seem to have the same basic problem that I don't understand, I've always received my vouchers up front. Is this a recent change?
    Some people are like a Slinky, not really good for anything but they do make you smile when you push them down stairs.

Grouper
    It must be in Coz we travel several times a year and if we stay at a resort always make sure our transportation is set. We have never had a problem, yet. (Knock on longtails head)

We never rely on the desk or travel reps to confirm flights though. We've seen way to many problems with bad communication between the airlines and travel agencies.

Grouper
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rayaa3 View Post
    How was your diving? This was your first big warm clear water experience right?

Hope it was all you hoped for.

Ray
    The diving was great. I had the same divemaster for just about all of my dives except my first dive and my night dive. Dove with a great group of people I met while there, who were staying at the resort. Second time diving in Coz first time certified. I did a resort class last year loved it and came home got certified.

Thread Information