Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Never buy a used...?

Grouper Founding Member
    Is there any piece of gear you'd never buy used? I'm finding that most people won't buy used regs, anything else?

I bought a used set from my local LDS. They had just serviced it. I have had no problems

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member

I'm not interested in buying a used wetsuit, as a general rule.

1) They compress with age and use, so they have a limited lifespan as it is. Now someone has gone and used up a portion of that lifespan, how much can only be known by how many dives, and how deep and the duration of each, and whether you'll take their word for it. Meh.

2) Bodily functions (think sweat... and other stuff) happen in wetsuits. I'll stick to my own, thanks.

I'll also never buy used underwear... for similar reasons. I'm drifting from the diving topic, however...

Guppy Founding Member
    booties...

eeewwwww

Guppy
    I agree with these guys. I would never buy a used wetsuit or booties. Anything else would be OK because they can be serviced.

Grouper Founding Member
    My mask and fins are new....just becuase I couldn't find them used.

My wetsuit is used, and I would have no problem selling it. Keeps me warm and I pee in it. I'll tell that to whomever buys it I also wash all of my gear well.

My regs are used, infact, most of them haven't been serviced in over a year! *gasp* [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

I don't know, I guess....I'd be in heaven if Walmart had a used section. I try to barter at McDonalds I'm so cheap.

Guppy Founding Member

Most of the good ones are taken, so I'll say mask. Any piece of equipment that can catch a nasty fluid (in this case mucus) I am not interested in. And no, I don't care if it can be cleaned. It's the thought that counts, not that friggen' 99.9% cleanser. That .1% will get you every time.

Barracuda Founding Member
    I can't think of any scuba gear that I would not consider buying used. My favorite regs are all old Scubapro metals that I picked up used at great prices. I do have a couple things I bought newbut not because I would not have bought them used if they were available at a good price. Think about it - the air you breath and the water your drink are USED.

Guppy Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by awap
    Think about it - the air you breath and the water your drink are USED.
    Wow, what a reach. If you go that far then everything on earth is used.

Grouper Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JahJahwarrior
    My wetsuit is used, and I would have no problem selling it. Keeps me warm and I pee in it. I'll tell that to whomever buys it I also wash all of my gear well.
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>Lol, never thought of the pee factor. At least you're honest! </DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>What about a reg from ebay? Are you guys that are ok with buying a used reg ok with buying something used online? I guess that's a good question for any piece of scuba gear, how important is it for you to inspect in it person before buying?</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information