Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apollo Bio Filter

TadPole
    Quote Originally Posted by azdiver View Post
    how much are the replacement filters?
    azdiver: The replacement activated charcoal filters are $9.00.
    Moisture wicks are $10.00. A wick/filter kit, with 1 moisture wick and 3 filters is available @ $32.00.

Apollo Sports: Dive Gear: Regulators: Bio-Filter
    mdb

Shark
    I have one of the original Bio-filters that I got when they first came out....Now you have the wick and the filter together????...So I have to buy another device and have another outdated product?...%^#X&*%!!!!...no fair...mdb1...did you plan it that way?.....LOL

TadPole
    Quote Originally Posted by Travelnsj View Post
    I have one of the original Bio-filters that I got when they first came out....Now you have the wick and the filter together????...So I have to buy another device and have another outdated product?...%^#X&*%!!!!...no fair...mdb1...did you plan it
    that way?.....LOL
    Travelnsj: Nope we still have a separate moisturizing wick and charcoal filter, parts are available for the older models, no problem, just give us a call @ 800.231.0909 or e-mail @ [email protected] We do strive to improve all our products, but no outdates, we still carry parts and service for products from all earlier models.
    mdb

TadPole
    I've been thinking about these for a long time. I really hate the dry mouth after a day of diving.

TadPole
    Quote Originally Posted by bfindley View Post
    I've been thinking about these for a long time. I really hate the dry mouth after a day of diving.

bfindley:We get a Lot of good positive comments from divers who are diving with clean, moist air:
    Apollo Sports: Dive Gear
    mdb

Guppy
    I wish there was a way to clean/sterilize the filter after removing it from the canister. After a few dives, my filter started to develop mildew/mold, albeit storing it in a dry warm environment. I do not want to spend the money on a new filter element as I am sure that there is an alternative that exists which would allow me to sterilize/clean my filter using UV light or something along those lines.

TadPole
    Quote Originally Posted by freeski4ever View Post
    I wish there was a way to clean/sterilize the filter after removing it from the canister. After a few dives, my filter started to develop mildew/mold, albeit storing it in a dry warm environment. I do not want to spend the money on a new filter element as I am sure that there is an alternative that exists which would allow me to sterilize/clean my filter using UV light or something along those lines.
    freeski4ever: One method to clean a moisture wick that is showing mildew is to use a very small amount of bleach, a drop or two, and soak in fresh water. Too much bleach and the moisture wick will disintegrate. The foam is very high density and does take time to dry completely before being stored. Replacement moisture wicks are $10.00.

Apollo Sports: Dive Gear: Regulators: Bio-Filter
    mdb

TadPole
    A lot of questions on what the filter is and where to get it - but I am more interested in hearing from those who have one. Can you tell a difference with each breath? I don't suffer from many dive headaches - but taking in a nice humid breath would be nice

TadPole
    I've had mine for the last four years. I replaced a wick and a filter over that period. Beats a dry throat and sinus infection if you dive 12 to 14 times in a week like I do on vacation.

THE Supreme Master Spammer Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJimmy View Post
    A lot of questions on what the filter is and where to get it - but I am more interested in hearing from those who have one. Can you tell a difference with each breath? I don't suffer from many dive headaches - but taking in a nice humid breath would be nice
    I used one for the first time today. It is nothing less than amazing. It is the best money I have ever spent..on anything.

I have been diving for over 30 years. Dry mouth and throat have always been something I just dealt with. I would often cough. I was more comfortable with one of my old metal barrel regs and was considering a new second stage. Decided to pull the trigger and give this a try.

Breathing is as good or better than where I sit now. The added bonus of which I was unaware, I think I do truly feel more refreshed.
    Tim "The Star and Crescent shall not be worn by every man, but only by him who is worthy to wear it. He must be a gentleman... a man of honor and courage... a man of zeal, yet humble... an intelligent man...a man of truth... one who tempers action with wisdom and, above all else, one who walks in the light of God."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information