Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marker Lights??

Not that I am an environmentalist but you can save some landfill space by picking up one of these cheap enough:

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/AQULS...3don%26Hit%3d1

or get really fancy

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/Categ...TFX.html?Hit=1

Guppy
    You got a killer deal on that

Shark Founding Member
    Enid, Oklahoma (no longer living the desert life)
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Straegen View Post
    Not that I am an environmentalist but you can save some landfill space by picking up one of these cheap enough:

or get really fancy

Yeah, becuase you can choose toxic, polluting batteries in the landfill over non-toxic trash. Coupled with the possibility of electronic failure during the dive. I just don't see these as a viable solution.
    Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Guppy
    If you think about it for a moment, by tying one to your dogs tail while camping you could always find him.... or her of course... at night

Barracuda
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill A View Post
    If you think about it for a moment, by tying one to your dogs tail while camping you could always find him.... or her of course... at night
    You mean, "you can always find him going around in circles."
    You silly billy.

Grouper
    Umh.... You do know batteries can be recycled, don't you? They don't NEED to be thrown into the trash...

Just food for thought...

Quote Originally Posted by fire diver View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Straegen View Post

or get really fancy

Yeah, becuase you can choose toxic, polluting batteries in the landfill over non-toxic trash. Coupled with the possibility of electronic failure during the dive. I just don't see these as a viable solution.
    CODMAN
    ><((((>`..`.><((((>

Shark Founding Member
    Enid, Oklahoma (no longer living the desert life)
    Images
    Yes I know they CAN be, but 99.9 % are simply thrown away. Empty cylume sticks can be recycled too.
    Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Grouper
    During AOW training we used light sticks taped to our snorkels. Bought a UK dive beacon, but have never used it. Since I normally go solo and if I do go with my buddy the Vis is not so great to see the beacon over my handheld and speargun light.
    2AAA Dive Beacon - Reliable Diver Light- UK - Underwater Kinetics

I use an LED headlamp for my dog around his neck when walking at night in high traffic areas. It is somewhat directional though depending on which way it slips on his neck. I purchased a light collar, but have not tried it out yet. Amazon.com: Nite Ize NND-03-19L Nite Dawg Light Up Dog Collar, Red Led Orange Webbing, Large: Home & Garden His normal collar glows in the dark and has reflective diamonds.

My work has battery recycle so I toss all my old batteries in the bin there. I normally use a lot of AA/AAA Energizer rechargeable batteries for dive lights, camera, etc.

At night we have these for our bicycles. Amazon.com: Nite-Ize SpokeLit Bicycle Wheel Light: Sports & Outdoors
    As well as headlamps and tail lamps.

About the only time I use light sticks now is during Halloween for the kids.

THE Supreme Master Spammer Founding Member
    Just keep spare glow sticks on hand.
    Very annoying to open up the only one in your bag and find it has been compromised.
    Tim "The Star and Crescent shall not be worn by every man, but only by him who is worthy to wear it. He must be a gentleman... a man of honor and courage... a man of zeal, yet humble... an intelligent man...a man of truth... one who tempers action with wisdom and, above all else, one who walks in the light of God."

Guppy
    I have a strobe that I bought some time back, it attaches to your arm/ shoulder area with a velcro strap. The thing is so bright it can be seen from aircraft flying over. I went back to cylum sticks and the becon now lives in my 4 wheel drive in the mountains. It goes in our back pack when we go for day hikes in someone gets hurt or whatever else might leave you stranded. I used to freedive for bugs solo and I would tie a cylum stick to my snorkel so I could be seen from shore, don't really know if anyone gave a poop but it seemed to be a good idea at the time.
    Bill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information